• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KIX 102.9

Given its Class A signal, KIX 102.9 seems to be doing phenomenally well in the ratings (at least in the ones we can see on websites). Is a new PD responsible, a change in imaging and/or music ... in other words, who / what is responsible for the apparent success?

Also, Madison has been doing well on WBBB. She has to feel some pride especially given WDCG's ratings as of late.

I no longer live in the area and don't really get a chance to listen to either station online. Any thoughts on the above would be appreciated.

I've noticed the station has freshened up their playlist as of late, though they haven't shifted the format. The imaging hasn't changed in years and could really use an update.

That Class A signal signal really begins to take a beating to the east even in western Johnston County, probably from sister station 102.9 in Kinston.

All 80's now. Little variety. Once the "Freshness" of the updated playlist wears off, it will do worse in the ratings than before. That being said, it's probably still the best station in the Triangle IMHO, just not as good as before. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, and again, and again..... when stations play older music, they must broaden the playlist. I only listen to radio now maybe once a week. Let me tell you---- I hear the SAME songs every week. That should not be happening on a station that plays older music.

All 80's now. Little variety. Once the "Freshness" of the updated playlist wears off, it will do worse in the ratings than before. That being said, it's probably still the best station in the Triangle IMHO, just not as good as before. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, and again, and again..... when stations play older music, they must broaden the playlist. I only listen to radio now maybe once a week. Let me tell you---- I hear the SAME songs every week. That should not be happening on a station that plays older music.
Seems like 102.9 was all 80s before. I think 96.9 was simulcasting.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom