• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kiwi SDR's

Listening to KCBS 740 on the Point Reyes SDR now (11:36 p.m. PT) and it sounds like there's some cancellation. They're not far away, so how can that be. Is there a severe null in that direction? (The Radio Locator map shows one to the north of it, but I know those can be unrealible.)
I'm glad to know of the Point Reyes SDR - and it looks like Bill Ruck, the longtime CE of the San Francisco Susquehanna cluster, is in charge of it.

Just now, I tuned into 1460 kHz to see if I could hear KRRS from Santa Rosa. Nope - what dominates is KION ("Power Talk") from Salinas! KRRS is audible underneath it, to be sure, but it looks like Point Reyes is in something of a null from KRRS while a saltwater path is enhancing KION reception. This was a surprising result. Also just tried KSJX from San Jose on 1500 - clear, clean signal - and stronger than KSFN on 1510 from Oakland. That's also not what I would have superficially expected.

This is gonna be fun! Also - if you know of mediumwave SDRs in Colorado or New Mexico, please send me a DM with that info - thanks!

Back
Top Bottom