• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KIOF-LP cancels license.

This was a response to congressperson letter to the FCC.

Dear Congressman Gosar:

Thank you for your letter on behalf of your constituent, Mr. Gregory La Porta, President of Portsonic Communications, LLC, the licensee of low-power FM (LPFM) station, KVGK-LP. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Mr. LaPorta’s correspondence appears to indicate that he seeks a “congressional waiver” for commercial LPFM service. As you know, federal statute requires LPFM stations to operate on a noncommercial basis. Neither the Media Bureau nor the Commission may waive this requirement.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance

The fact Paul Gosar is involved does not bode well. His district may be close to Las Vegas, but it is not in Nevada, nor is Paul Gosar on any plane resembling reality.

Back
Top Bottom