• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KILT-AM. ♬ What Goes Up... Must Come Down... ♪

Has Audacy given any timeline for shutting down the legacy 610 site? It is currently still in operation while the diplex with KNTH is built. And who is paying for the tower drop, Audacy or the new land owner?

Has Audacy given any timeline for shutting down the legacy 610 site? It is currently still in operation while the diplex with KNTH is built. And who is paying for the tower drop, Audacy or the new land owner?
I have no idea. I don't even know who paid the bill to drop KPRC.

KILT 610 will be diplexed at the KNTH 1070 site. 610 will also drop to 2.7kw days and 2.5kw nights.
And with the new facitilty, the daytime coverage is almost identical to the former 5 kw coverage, and nights has much "softer" nulls towards the east and west. The night signal will be less towards VIctoria and Beaumont, but otherwise this does not look like a terrible sacrifice of useful, in-market coverage.

Reactions: HTX
And with the new facitilty, the daytime coverage is almost identical to the former 5 kw coverage, and nights has much "softer" nulls towards the east and west. The night signal will be less towards VIctoria and Beaumont, but otherwise this does not look like a terrible sacrifice of useful, in-market coverage.
I still think the power drop will be noticeable in the southern half of the market. The KILT transmitter is also moving six miles north of the current location. Reduced night signal towards Victoria also means impaired coverage in the rapidly sprawling southwest quadrant of the Houston market.

I guess a SoCal comparison would be if KLAC cut its power in half and moved its 570 transmitter to Burbank. I would think listeners in Orange County would hear a difference.

I guess we will find out in the very near future. Still would love to see Audacy grab 92.1 for the sportstalk format, but it would appear they may be in no financial shape to do so, unless part of a larger station swap.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom