• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KHTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove around Beaumont this afternoon and noise floor is so high that the station Is unlistenable in town. I seem to remember it having better coverage before it went off the air. Of course, they may be testing the equipment.

No top of hour ID this afternoon.

Hope that was a joke . Station would never make money in that market .. we all know it’s been off the air for years not months .. one show off proof and Chris would have nothing to take back
Station has not been off the air for years! You obviously don't know what you're talking about, you sound like a certain pirate that used to be on 87.9 and who text me this morning claiming that I'm a pirate! All I can say is I'm keeping everything for legal action! Please go ahead and step in my pool one more time and find out what's going to bite you in the rear. I'm getting tired of all the speculation and BS from people and I'm sorry Frank I've got to say this, F off! Stay out of my business and stay out of my life or my lawyer will see you in court.

Last edited:
Station has not been off the air for years! You obviously don't know what you're talking about, you sound like a certain pirate that used to be on 87.9 and who text me this morning claiming that I'm a pirate! All I can say is I'm keeping everything for legal action! Please go ahead and step in my pool one more time and find out what's going to bite you in the rear. I'm getting tired of all the speculation and BS from people and I'm sorry Frank I've got to say this, F off! Stay out of my business and stay out of my life or my lawyer will see you in court.
So are your saying that the station came with land? Because I happen to know that you never owned the land .. The station has been off the air for years I can prove it . So I mean we can take it to that point . Why are you getting mad I am just posting facts .

So are your saying that the station came with land? Because I happen to know that you never owned the land .. The station has been off the air for years I can prove it . So I mean we can take it to that point . Why are you getting mad I am just posting facts .
You're an idiot because I did own the land and the station. If you check the records the deed from 2015 to 2019 to the property was in my name. You're an idiot.. My apologies again to Frank but I'm tired of you making accusations when you don't know a damn thing about what you're talking about. You want the proof, go to the Hardin County appraisal district site and look it up. And then STFU .. And when you say years how many are you talking about? I had it on before I sold it but the transmitter suffered a major software issue. And I was working with Harris on that when the sale came up.. but you're Mr know it all evidently because you sit there and claim that you know everything without proof. I'm getting sick and tired of it.. And I think everybody else here is as well

KHTW filed this back on August 8th.

"The station resumed broadcasting on July 30, 2022, with the reduced power of 400 watts ERP using the authorized antenna system."

Yes, it came with land and Chris owned it. I was out there with him several times.

KHTW filed this back on August 8th.

"The station resumed broadcasting on July 30, 2022, with the reduced power of 400 watts ERP using the authorized antenna system."
Gee when did ERP become part of AM? I wonder who the idiot is that filed the damn paperwork because obviously he didn't know a damn thing about engineering lol

What?

If a station operates at 400 watts it's definitely different than a station operating at 2170 watts.

I don't think it's directional either....I haven't had time to check with a FIM but listening I don't hear any of the nulls in the pattern...seems to be Omni...also it's running more than 10k bandwidth on audio and RF ...splatters up to 15 all the time....tsk tsk

What?

If a station operates at 400 watts it's definitely different than a station operating at 2170 watts.
"ERP" is not a term used by AM stations.

No, not deceased. The FCC just decided to let this one survive.
Shocking isn't it?? If it had been me, they would have yanked the license but they let (sorry to say this but it's true given the crap in Houston)...well, time to go file the involuntary transfer of control... I have a licensed station to get back now😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom