• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KHHO stunting ahead of new network launch

When it comes to sports media, a lot has changed since the days of radio being the only way of carrying games. Now teams can stream games which allow them to own all the advertising inventory and track with far more detail than radio, who's listening/watching (aka analytics). This is all especially true if you have your own app built. An app allows for targeted visual advertising, along with live reads during the game. Previously, many small AA and AAA teams had to give away most, if not all the inventory to the local radio station.

Expect the more well heeled and popular High School Football teams to head in this direction too. Especially in Southern cities.
That is already happening in the south sound with the advent of the Eli Sports Network. Not a bad concept for a broadcasting tool when you think about it.

It's great to see that a network like this is breathing some new air into a frequency that has struggled for quite some time. I agree with the post above about 850 being a tricky frequency. The only other format I could have imagined would have been some sort of news programming targeting Tacoma, and I highly doubt that we would ever see anything like that.
I kinda wish they put BIN on 1090 as well to fill in the holes and gaps of 850 and get semi-decent northern coverage. I really like it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom