• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFRG

Can someone explain to me how KFRG is second overall in the shares. I know the San Bernardino market is heavily Hispanic so it doesn't make sense to me

That's a funny question. One could ask the same thing about KOLA.

Hispanics make up 50% of the market. KFRG gets a 5 share. So one in 10 of the non-Hispanics listens to the station.

KFRG is the only country station in a place where the pickup truck is the official vehicle.

Hispanics make up 50% of the market. KFRG gets a 5 share. So one in 10 of the non-Hispanics listens to the station.
Yet in San Antonio, full of later generation Hispanics, both of the major country stations have about half of their cume in the Hispanic community.
KFRG is the only country station in a place where the pickup truck is the official vehicle.
The market has a huge percentage of later generation Hispanics... the folks who "left East LA and went to the Inland Empire" where there were better jobs and better schools."

Yet in San Antonio, full of later generation Hispanics, both of the major country stations have about half of their cume in the Hispanic community.

The market has a huge percentage of later generation Hispanics... the folks who "left East LA and went to the Inland Empire" where there were better jobs and better schools."
Same in Ventura County, KHAY Country is usually No. 1 or No. 2 year after year.

Back
Top Bottom