• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ken Jenning joins Jeopardy Production Team

Accoring to Deadline, the GOAT of the long running game show has been signed as a consulting producer, and will be presenting specially crafted catagories in the new season. His first on-air appearance in his new role will be on September 15.

I can't see him as the host but is that being considered? One way or another, Alex won't last much longer. He's already indicated he wants to retire.

I think Ken would be a fine substitute host, if Alex isn't able to make a scheduled taping day for whatever reason.

A successful host of Jeopardy! must be interested in trivia, which Ken clearly is. He's also familiar to a large segment of the audience. Ken performs well on camera. Even so, I doubt this is a host-in-waiting role.

Presenting categories, like a one person clue crew, and a producer credit feels like a succession plan. No, being able to present clues on tape isn’t the same as managing the flow of the program, but if they’re working on that behind the scenes, it could
Work out just fine.

Agree that this 'Production Team' job will lead to eventually being the host. Nobody wants to see Trebek go. But announcing that Jennings is in the background and transition him S-L-O-W-L-Y to an on-air position will make it easier for the long time viewer.

Plus it doesn't hurt that Jennings seems to be a nice guy.

Indeed. Look, cancer or no cancer, pandemic or no pandemic, you want to have a viable succession plan for a show like Jeopardy. With the GOAT tournament playing out as it did, and Jennings doing TV work like Masterminds anyway, taking a look at him as the next host makes all the sense in the world. (I also think Brad Rutter has the presence to do the job, but he may not even want it, and the producers may see enough else to feel otherwise). With a new executive producer coming in, it’s as good a time as any to take that first baby step.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom