• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Keith Abrams at CBS

RickSklar77

Inactive
Inactive User
Sorry to see that this class act got "restructured" out of a job. Keith's a very smart guy, but more importantly. he's a GOOD guy.

Agreed! Keith's a long-time friend and truly a class act. He's also one of the brightest programmers in the business. I wish him the best as he seeks a new opportunity.

I'm still shocked by this. As perhaps one of the best oldies/classic hits programmers in the country, I just can't understand this move.

He'll land on his feet very soon!

Ditto to what everybody else has said here. Keith put me and my then-partner on the air together in Charlotte in 1996 despite the fact that we'd never done a show before. That lasted 9 years and by and large were the highlight of my 30 years in the business.

Bet you right now Keith is putting up his feet and opening a cold can of Ginger Beer and waiting for the phone to ring.

Eggman

Keith is good people. Never worked for him, but had a chance to meet him when I worked at WSOC & Star 104.7 in Charlotte and he was programming across town. Magic 96.1 was an Oldies monster under his direction.

After talking with him one day, I realized he "got it" with regards to the Oldies format as few others did.

I'm surprised CBS didn't send him to Orlando to help launch their new Classic Hits outlet (Sunny 105.9.)

Don't worry. He won't be out for long.

As former voice guy for Cool..I can chime in with nothing but great things to say about Keith. He and I also worked together in Salt Lake City at the awesome KCPX. We have worked together and stayed in touch, and he has changed voice guys and we still stay in touch. He is a personal pal, and if David Field brought him into Entercom it would be a HUGE asset to them. But MN Maniac is right..he won't be kicking around long. A better people person no company could ask for.

I went to college with Keith (Clarion University of Pennsylvania). As mentioned several times, he is a great guy!! He is the one who got me interested in Radio (as a hobby). Keith used to drive to Pittsburgh (about 75 miles) every weekend to work at WEEP-FM and WDSY-AM, both country stations, even through ice and snow, Keith really loves and is passionate about radio, as are you folks who have already commented. Even though radio is just a hobby of mine, I think it is great that everyone supports (for the most part) everyone else. I am sure you get to make friends all over the country.

We usually E-Mail each other a few times a year. I read about what happened. I agree, he will have no problem finding a job!!! I have never met anyone who did not like or respect him!

If anyone finds out where he is or has a new E-Mail for him please contact me [email protected]

Thanks Denver,

Stuart Greenberg
Chapel Hill, North Carolina NICE GUYS DO FINISH LAST!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom