• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KDLG and the plane crash

I listened to the coverage of KDLG and the plane crash. I do not know how small Dillingham is but this is small town radio at its best. Although this was important to both Alaska and Washington DC, this was like another day in the small town life of a rural fishing village. If Ted Stevens was not on the plane, and the former head of NASA, this would have been another plane crash to cover. KDLG did a supurb job in covering the crash. The model of public radio as a local factor in community service is a little strange to those who live in the lower 48, especially those here in Mississippi where I live. But everyone was on top of the coverage and frankly some of your TV outlets in Anchorage were on the story a lot faster and left their collegues behind the eight ball catching up. Especially Fox News and CNN, although CNN was a little more in depth.

MY condolances to the Stevens family.

Semi-OT.....I was stationed in AK for 2 years, and felt that AK radio was/is so unique, especially in the "bush" where private messages were (are?) allowed to go out over the air. As people are so few and far between, it could be an important (or even life-saving) link.

I did not hear the KDLG thing, but it must have been quite amazing.

cd

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom