• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KD "My Kentucky A Home" - Will It Chart?

I see this song is going for adds on CHR/Pop radio this week.
When I was in Louisville a few weeks ago 99.7 DJX and 98.9 Kiss FM were all over this one. I think it's a fun Rhythmic/Pop record that should be given a shot. The question is whether audiences outside of Kentucky will warm up to it.

> I see this song is going for adds on CHR/Pop radio this
> week.
> When I was in Louisville a few weeks ago 99.7 DJX and 98.9
> Kiss FM were all over this one. I think it's a fun
> Rhythmic/Pop record that should be given a shot. The
> question is whether audiences outside of Kentucky will warm
> up to it.
It's currently Number 68 on Mediabase CHR-Pop with all 259 of its spins on WLKT Lexington-Fayette, KY and the two Louisville CHR-Pop stations, WDJX and WZKF. It has less than half the spins the Number 50 song has.

> > I see this song is going for adds on CHR/Pop radio this
> > week.
> > When I was in Louisville a few weeks ago 99.7 DJX and 98.9
>
> > Kiss FM were all over this one. I think it's a fun
> > Rhythmic/Pop record that should be given a shot. The
> > question is whether audiences outside of Kentucky will
> warm
> > up to it.
> It's currently Number 68 on Mediabase CHR-Pop with all 259
> of its spins on WLKT Lexington-Fayette, KY and the two
> Louisville CHR-Pop stations, WDJX and WZKF. It has less
> than half the spins the Number 50 song has.
>
I cant really see people outside the region warming up to this. It may get some Southern Indiana airplay, off Evansvilles HOT 96 STO, Kiss 106.1, and Party 105.7 in Tell City, but I dont see it getting played on Indianapolis, or even Cincinatti stations. And definatly not Z-100 NYC, they would never play this, neither would Kiss in L.A........... I might have to eat these words, you just never know, This is just my Hypothesis on this track, but I was right about Gold Digger getting really Huge fast, and I warned all P.Ds not sleep on this, and I was right about DHT crossing over to Mainstream and making the top 10. I was HOWEVER wrong about Ceasers-Jerk It Out, that song didnt get nearly the airplay it deserved, and I thought it would crack the top 30 at least, but it didnt. So like I say, you just never know, I suppose if the lable pushes it hard enough, some other markets might play it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom