• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCSN NORTHRIDGE-LOS ANGELES ANNOUNCES FULL-TIME TRIPLE A FORMAT

I saw it and its classical format moved to HD-2. Also I like to know how many AAA stations around the country competed against each other besides The sound and KCSN in LA?

recto101 said:
I saw it and its classical format moved to HD-2. Also I like to know how many AAA stations around the country competed against each other besides The Sound and KCSN in LA?

Depends on one's interpretation of what constitutes a AAA format. You could say that in NYC WRXP and WXPK (107.1 The Peak) compete with each other in the listening area of WXPK, limited as it is. The same could be said for WEHM and WRXP. Though WRXP does not have a typical AAA playlist. I think Nashville used to have two AAA-type stations at the same time. Not sure you can consider KSWD and KCSN having ever competed against each other as KCSN was mostly classical when The Sound was AAA. AAA is such a niche format, it's not likely any market would host any AAA competition not withstansding any non-comms in the genre.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom