• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCEE is On the Air

lamey

Inactive
Inactive User
Interesting..just tuned to KCEE 1030 AM and was greeted with Dean Martin. Looks like the format is
Pop Nostalgia. Very 50's and 60's.

Lamey

I heard them as well. For those (like me) hoping for classic country, the closest they came was Eddy Arnold and Charlie Rich.

I imagine its probably too early for KCEE to be streaming audio on the internet?

Also, wonder if any of the other 3-4 stations playin the SAME music will change format any time soon ?

Many years ago, a famous Arizonan offered the public "a choice, not an echo". KCEE is an echo. Music wise, it is nearly an identical twin to KTUC which the Slones once owned.

KCEE is low budget from the word go. By comparison, Cheap Channel looks extravagant. KCEE is perfect for the Green Valley crowd who want a jukebox for background music.

On Tucson's east side, at night KCEE's signal is beset with noise from other stations on 1030. It's so bad that I get clearer signals from stations in San Francisco.

At very least, we can hope that Mr. Slone will eventually liven the programming with some personalities. Maybe a weather report after the A.P. news? That wouldn't cost all that much.

And don't forget KGVY and KSAZ. Those stations and KTUC are playing practically the same tunes as the "new" KCEE. And those stations have personalities and local content (except KSAZ which is mostly syndicated). Sloane is a respected leader in my book, and he said it would "just be his personal juke box"... but come on Jim. You could at least be competitive.

caveman-97 said:
On Tucson's east side, at night KCEE's signal is beset with noise from other stations on 1030. It's so bad that I get clearer signals from stations in San Francisco.
Same situation to the south in the Sahuarita/Green Valley area at night. KCEE is hammered by co-channel interference so bad you can barely tell they are on the air.

Finally heard a (tracked) voice today. And it is "K C Double E"

My sources tell me that veteran Tucson air talent Bill Mortimer would be one voice you might hear.

;D If it's Bill, that would be great. He has always treated me great when I was at Slone radio. Easy going radio guy....and he knows the market and format well!! 8)

Yeah Bill Mortimer is a good guy. I worked with him at the old KCUB 30 years ago myself, my how time flies !!!?

It's interesting to hear the old KCEE call sign is back. I'm a 15 year veteran of KCEE under Behan, Ameican Media and Prism. I got out just before the descent into what became clear channel and the demise of that call. Actually I was the cheif engineer who pulled the cords and swapped KNST with KCEE when Prism bought the place. I'll have to get down to Tucson to hear what's happening. Good luck to my old buddy Bill Mortimer.

Bill Croghan CPBE, WBØKSW
Chief Engineer
KOMP/KXPT/KENO/KBAD/KWWN
Lotus Broadcasting
Las Vegas, NV
email to [email protected]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom