• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCCL to Flip in June?

I subscribe to the All Access job board. Anytime something new is posted it gets emailed to me. I saw that KCCL put a listing for reporters which seems odd for a music station. I went and logged into my Pro3 account where you can look up recent domain registrations. I typed in 921 as beginning or end of new domains registered in the last 30 days. There were many but one that stood out was fmtalk921.com. They seem to have a basic website up talking about a June debut. Is it possible that is for Sacramento? I know there are a lot of 92.1's around the country so it could be for anywhere, and the website is not market specific. It seems Sacramento has enough talk radio so maybe it is for somewhere else.

Any insight from anyone in Sac? It's my hometown but I'm living in Phoenix these days so not as connected as I once was.

With KFBK & KSTE in town, I really can't see KCCL putting that much of a dent into the ratings. If it is true, it would be sad as I always preferred Classic Hits KCCL over Classic Hits KHLX.

RadioStarOne said:
Would KCCL going News/Talk only hasten the day that we would have KFBK on FM? Or sports talk on 106.5?
If KFBK does do a FM simulcast then that would shorten KCCL's life as a News/Talker.

my 2 cents

They're not re-upping their contract with CC to outsource it.

They're creating a local alternative to CC to outsource to other stations

Wow. Great website. Looks like it was made by a foamer. (Don't look at me!)

http://www.fmtalk921.com/

Sample:

[font=courier new, courier]FM Talk 92.1 will debut in June 2011 with a great line-up of Talk to Make You Think. This isn't conservative radio, or liberal radio. This is TALK radio. What does that mean?

4:00a-6:00a... Mancow live

6:00a-10:00a... Local talk show TBA soon, hosted by someone you've heard on local talk radio in the past, who was unfortunately laid off by one of those evil giant radio corporations.

10:00a... Conservative Talk hour

11:00a... Liberal Talk hour[/font]

A couple of clues from the fmtalk921.com website:

- They'll be running Mancow Live from 4 - 6 am, which suggests a West coast station.
- Their overnight show is the "Cowtown Crazies," a name that suggests Sacramento.
- They say they've had station ads on local digital billboards since June 2. Anybody seen one?

If 92.1 takes the plunge to FM talk, and I bet they will, it will be a huge step toward being a legitimate player in this town!

nomorejeffs said:
A couple of clues from the fmtalk921.com website:

- They'll be running Mancow Live from 4 - 6 am, which suggests a West coast station.
- Their overnight show is the "Cowtown Crazies," a name that suggests Sacramento.
- They say they've had station ads on local digital billboards since June 2. Anybody seen one?
They'll also carry Glenn Beck and Ed Shultz, two talkers that aren't on any other stations in the area

BossRadioDJ said:

Sample:

[font=courier new, courier]FM Talk 92.1 will debut in June 2011 with a great line-up of Talk to Make You Think. This isn't conservative radio, or liberal radio. This is TALK radio. What does that mean?

6:00a-10:00a... Local talk show TBA soon, hosted by someone you've heard on local talk radio in the past, who was unfortunately laid off by one of those evil giant radio corporations.

So does anyone know who owns this domain? Is it the owner of KCCL?

Madmansam said:
BossRadioDJ said:

Sample:

So does anyone know who owns this domain? Is it the owner of KCCL?

This is NOT going to happen. The website is NOT for KCCL.

1069_KIFR said:
But.... Does anyone know who owns this domain?
It's a place called "Protected Domain Services". Places like this usually register domain names in the hopes that they can sell them to someone who wants them in the future. Commonly known as cybersquatting. The registration implies that it's some type of secret registration service. I guess that's possible, but I sorta doubt it.

Dave B.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom