• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KBVA-FM/Bella Vista, AR Purchased by Hog Radio

It's been for sale for quite awhile. KSEC 95.7's owners were going to buy it two and a half years ago, and this deal is a roughly $1 million haircut from that one.

I doubt the current format stays when Hog Radio takes over. It will also likely move to Springdale with the rest of the Hog Radio stations.

Not sure if this is related to this sale, but the feed of ESPN Radio is no longer being aired on KBVA-HD3. I believe KBVA and KUAF are the only transmitters in NWA being broadcast in HD and offers HD subchannels.

The changes seem to be complete and studios have been moved to Springdale. It is now called Lite 106.5

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-weekly-vista/20170726/281556585892889

The format remains very similar, still playing a lot of softer pop from the 60s and 70s with the occasional soft AC track from a more contemporary artist. Also, KBVA-HD2 is now a simulcast of Star 101.5 and KBVA-HD3 is now a simulcast of ESPN 99.5, helping out with their marginal signals in northern/western Benton County.

Thanks for the info. I heard a little about the change to Lite 106.5 but don't know too much about it. If, when you referred to the ESPN feed, you meant KREB 1190, it has apparently applied for an FM translator in this latest window. Not sure if that was related to Hog Radio's purchase of KBVA or if it would've happened anyway.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom