• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KBTK 105.1 Big Talker

??? 105.1 KBTK
If this is what Northern Arizona gets for talk radio, no thanks. Big Talker would be great with late news updates and LOCAL weather. Maybe now listeners will get Flagstaff / Prescott centered news regarding any Emergency type fires, weather alerts or traffic messes on I-40, US Hwy89, etc ?

That may begin improvements but mornings with Glenn Beck? He is a blowhard who never is shy making incorrect and absurd comments when looking at the world of politics. He is as bad as Shawn Hannity or druggie Rush Limbaugh. Too many far right wing talkers will be just like 550 AM in Phoenix. No thanks - - period.

Maybe the big talker could add Ed Schultz and some other informed moderates?
KBTK could make it truly interesting with a cross section of views. ::)
More Northern AZ News and complete wide ranging talk shows could be good when mixed with their fairly good FM signal at 105.1 -
b t w - I haven't heard the 97.1 translator for quite a while... :-\

Phil Hendrie's on late nights, at least you can give them that.

K246AA, 97.1 operates out of my building on Mt. Francis, and was definitely 'on' last week when I was on-site. I'll find out what's up.

Re: Hey Ironbear

Which building is yours up on Francis? The "ladybug" building?
We are using the 100.9 there for Fun Oldies.

Yup, it's ladybug central right about now. August is my month to refurb the old building extensively, BTW. I expect to get to know them quite well.

100.9 used to be in my ownership portfolio...and I'm delighted it's being put to a great use. A lot of the translator owners...myself included...filed positive comments for "AM on FM" translators around 20 years ago. The FCC operates slower than any other natural force, however.

Having KNOT AM on that translator feels great on another level: many of the Fun Oldies tunes were brand new when I introduced them to Prescott on a 60's/70's rock show I hosted called Teen Beat...then on KNOT (1450AM!) ::)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom