• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KBPO 1150 AM Port Neches

What's going on with KBPO 1150 in Port Neches? A few weeks ago, they were airing Christian ("Educational") music, then they flipped to Conservative ("Republican") News/Talk, with syndicated programming from the Salem Radio Network, and now they have flipped once again to pig farmer ("Country and Western") music. Is the station changing hands in rapid succession? Also, the audio is very low, in comparison to competing stations (KLVI, KHTW), with fading in Beaumont which vanishes as you travel further north.

Which still fails to answer the question, is KBPO 1150 an affiliate of Salem or not?
Your question was "Why Is that?" which strongly answered the question you asked. For the second question, most syndicators purposely do not keep public station lists for risk of other networks attempting to poach affiliates. Salem's conservative shows in particular have a contact form for listeners to ask where to find a show in a specific market.

Your question was "Why Is that?" which strongly answered the question you asked. For the second question, most syndicators purposely do not keep public station lists for risk of other networks attempting to poach affiliates. Salem's conservative shows in particular have a contact form for listeners to ask where to find a show in a specific market.
Which still fails to answer the question, is KBPO 1150 an affiliate of Salem or not?

Because I asked you. Twice. But you obviously don't know, so I won't ask again.

You could take 10 seconds to google their website address and check it out, which i did.. and there isnt a ton there, but im not sure salem offers any spanish religious programming, which is what KBPO seems to run

They do offer Spanish Religious programming, not sure if it's what KBPO runs. Most likely not.

El Pez Dallas
Radio Luz KTNO
Where do you get the idea.. most likely not? They are owned by christian ministries of the valley, which owns and runs other spanish religious stations.

plus, what do dallas stations you linked have to do with a station in beaumont?

Nothing.

Your post makes zero sense

Where do you get the idea.. most likely not? They are owned by christian ministries of the valley, which owns and runs other spanish religious stations.
I got the idea most likely not because a lot of Spanish Religious stations aren't affiliated with some major network. You could mention Vida Unida but they're just starters (and sometimes slip in some non-christian music).
Plus, what do dallas stations you linked have to do with a station in beaumont?
El Pez and Radio Luz are owned by Salem.

plus, what do dallas stations you linked have to do with a station in beaumont?

Nothing.

Your post makes zero sense
I believe that he's trying to correlate that, because Salem operates a Spanish language service, that KBPO is carrying this service. Which it isn't. A quick listen to the station would reveal this. However, the station offers a marginal signal into Beaumont, so I would suspect a drive into Mid-County, past the egregious collection of penal colonies, would be necessary to confirm. Then, you would have to crank your volume up pretty high, because the audio level of the station appears to be minimal. Probably a cost-saving measure, since I don't hear any local advertisers, and I don't believe Salem, Westwood One, or any of the other content providers participate in ad-revenue sharing with their affiliates. Of which we still don't know for sure whether KBPO is one of them.

They do offer Spanish Religious programming, not sure if it's what KBPO runs. Most likely not.
I would tend to agree. While it would make perfect sense for a Spanish Religious broadcaster to air Spanish Religious programming, I have found that many stations, LPFM and translators in particular, appear to be owned by Spanish Religious organizations with obscure names, yet their programming is in English and not religious at all. I believe that they are simply leasing-out the station at a profit to any takers. Some of these Spanish Religious organizations may be neither Spanish or Religious, but may have used this affiliation in order to take advantage of preference. At the last LPFM window, Rice University identified that 68% of all the applicants were Spanish Religious organizations. I seem to recall that Rev. Cesar Guel played a prominent role.

Back
Top Bottom