• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Katy Perry and WWRM-FM

I woke up at about 7:17 AM today (7/16) with my alarm clock (set to WWRM-FM) blaring Katy Perry's "Firework". Yesterday (7/15), I heard that same song again at about 3:18 PM.

What is up over there at WWRM? (I expect Katy Perry on newest sister station WPOI, not on WWRM)...

"Soft and contemporary"? like..."Little Red Corvette" by Prince?

And, no ...no one ever produced a ballot for me to vote on them being Number One for listening at work..

Studio20 said:
"Soft and contemporary"? like..."Little Red Corvette" by Prince?

And, no ...no one ever produced a ballot for me to vote on them being Number One for listening at work..

...and like many other Cox Radio stations, they've been "NEW" for 10+ years...

tngu77 said:
...like many other Cox Radio stations, they've been "NEW" for 10+ years...

Not in recent weeks, though -- the last time I listened to Magic 94.9 (in a public place), they dumped "The New" from their liners. Same for its sister, 107.3 The Eagle.

azumanga said:
tngu77 said:

Not in recent weeks, though -- the last time I listened to Magic 94.9 (in a public place), they dumped "The New" from their liners. Same for its sister, 107.3 The Eagle.

Still...Cox is notorious for the use of "NEW"...

azumanga said:
tngu77 said:

I have heard "The New Magic 94.9" used a few times in recent weeks, however I have not heard "NEW" being used for 107.3 The Eagle in a long time.

Also, if you take a look at the latest Tampa radio ratings (http://www.radio-info.com/markets/tampa-st-petersburg-clearwater) You'll notice that WWRM is now classified as a "CHR" station instead of "Hot AC"...this could be the reason they are playing "Fireworks" now.

mboswell said:
azumanga said:
tngu77 said:

I have heard "The New Magic 94.9" used a few times in recent weeks, however I have not heard "NEW" being used for 107.3 The Eagle in a long time.

Also, if you take a look at the latest Tampa radio ratings (http://www.radio-info.com/markets/tampa-st-petersburg-clearwater) You'll notice that WWRM is now classified as a "CHR" station instead of "Hot AC"...this could be the reason they are playing "Fireworks" now.

Touche... LOL...

'Firework' has been a top-5 spinner in AC and Modern AC for awhile (may have faded off in recent weeks). This isn't a surprise by any means.

And I can promise you that Magic is not CHR. It is likely that Arbitron accidentally mis-classified them after the Point flip.

WWRM has had the same line-up for years. Is it odd for Cox to keep 4 daytime people together this long without canning at least one for robojock? With WDUV in a virtual tailspin, why not try personalities? :'(

MsMusicRadio said:
WWRM has had the same line-up for years. Is it odd for Cox to keep 4 daytime people together this long without canning at least one for robojock? With WDUV in a virtual tailspin, why not try personalities? :'(

Two words: Corey Dylan...

druidhillsradio said:
Like I said, Tampa Bay area radio pretty much sucks. You guys and gals comments out here make my point on a daily basis. :)

Strong words from the "Program Director" of a Part 15 wannabe.

MsMusicRadio said:

Virtual tailspin? Seriously? You must get to see the super-secret trends that not even the PD has access to.

druidhillsradio said:
Like I said, Tampa Bay area radio pretty much sucks. You guys and gals comments out here make my point on a daily basis. :)

I have a buddy in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan...radio sucks THERE. He has NO CHR nor Rhythmic...lots of country, talk and religious. The closest Rhythmic/Hip-Hop station from him in in Green Bay, WI, a good 250 miles away and the closest CHR he has is in Marquette, MI (150 miles from him).

We actually have it good in the Tampa area with the variety we have here.

Snorch said:
MsMusicRadio said:

Virtual tailspin? Seriously? You must get to see the super-secret trends that not even the PD has access to.

hyperbole :eek:

MsMusicRadio said:
Snorch said:
MsMusicRadio said:

Perhaps you should consider using words that actually convey the situation, and leave the hyberbole to more affluent users.

Snorch said:
MsMusicRadio said:
Snorch said:
MsMusicRadio said:

Perhaps you should consider using words that actually convey the situation, and leave the hyberbole to more affluent users.

BURN......LOL...

Affluent users?------- :'( Right now I'm in my cellar vault with 6,000 tons of gold bars, playing the Diamonds greatest hits, and tacking up a poster of John Galt while I snuggle with Eric Northman my big ole Vampire.------------can you say that?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom