• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K259BG Chehalis sold to Bustos, for KZGI channel move and power boost.

Usually some person that shows up with a can of spray and one of those little green screw drivers to fix stuff. Sometimes shuts off computery stuff and turns it back on then it works again. Sometimes they have to unclog a sink or toilet and take trash out. Sometimes have to reattach a microphone to the holder so the morning host doesn’t have to. Sometimes they go and hang out up on a mountain or hill somewhere and spray cleaner on stuff and use that same green screwdriver to fix stuff. Leasts that’s what I read on a forum. But also the green screwdrivers are being phased out by computery stuff too.
This post absolutely made my day. I have no idea who you are Cobra, but you have a great sense of humor.

"the frequency change to 96.9" will be moot. CKLG will destroy them within miles of the transmitter. NW WA/SW BC FM has been a tight can of sardines for 20 years or more.

"the frequency change to 96.9" will be moot. CKLG will destroy them within miles of the transmitter. NW WA/SW BC FM has been a tight can of sardines for 20 years or more.
Correct. I’ll be very curious to see it in operation. They’re going toe to toe with an absolute blowtorch a short distance away.

Meanwhile in Auburn at 102.1 for months. PSssdddddddsddsssssssssssssssshhhhhhh. With little bit of spanish. At least the NWr people are broadcasting actual audible music and not a bunch of noise.

Bustos Media filed a reclama against the various NWR&RPS filings and the recent FCC decision. Bustos attornies present some good arguments:

Perhaps the FCC will reconsider that $20K fine....just cancel those translator licenses and be done with it!
So Bustos wrote back all this diatribe and they still haven’t fixed their own station in Auburn that’s part of all of this situation. Good lord. 🙄

So Bustos wrote back all this diatribe and they still haven’t fixed their own station in Auburn that’s part of all of this situation. Good lord. 🙄

Id wager no one, including management is listening and a silent sensor hasnt tripped because it sense modulation.. and it cant differentiate between hash/noise and programming

I thought 102.1 was rebroadcasting 1210, which is run by the Spanish Christian people. Bustos did own that at one time, but I thought they sold it a couple years ago.

I thought 102.1 was rebroadcasting 1210, which is run by the Spanish Christian people. Bustos did own that at one time, but I thought they sold it a couple years ago.

Its listed as spanish christian, bustos does own 1210 and 102.1 is rebroadcasting it

It’s been transmitting garbage for months and they’re sending lawyers after another group via fcc. Better fix their own wagon before pointing at someone else’s.

Isn’t the Bustos office located in Kent/Auburn near the Showare Center? I’d be pretty surprised if they weren’t aware of a potential problem with a translator that aims directly in their office. It’s probably more of an afterthought to them.

Maybe the sizzling sound on 102.1 is intentionally done to make people hungry for fajitas and the Mexican restaurants are paying for it to be that way. Could be brilliant, could be stupid. Haven’t decided yet. 🤔

you know, instead of kvetching on here about 102.1 p[eople could say something to the company

Yeah yeah, i know.. not our responsibility.. but people have spent way more time here talking about 102.1 then an email would take

While the owner, amador bustos email isnt listed anywhere (at least last time I looked) its easy to figure out his email is and email him.. i can tell you he does reply! (He did to me when i heard one of his California FM's in SE Wyoming)

you know, instead of kvetching on here about 102.1 p[eople could say something to the company

Yeah yeah, i know.. not our responsibility.. but people have spent way more time here talking about 102.1 then an email would take

While the owner, amador bustos email isnt listed anywhere (at least last time I looked) its easy to figure out his email is and email him.. i can tell you he does reply! (He did to me when i heard one of his California FM's in SE Wyoming)
Instead of writing all this you could’ve written that email.

Sounds like PSSsSssssssssssmmmmmssssssssmmmssssss. With a little bit of Spanish under.
It's the latest thing in teen pop. For those tired of Taylor Swift Everything, K-Pop is over. Hyperpop doesn't move them and Gamer Music is just too wussy, you need something brand new. This is it.

As for 105.7 KZGI, you can't pick it up that well in most of Mount Vernon unless you're on the hills (CBU-FM still dominates the flats.) Only when you get on top and over the hill on Riverside (by the G&M Market and north) does it start to come in. It's really a crummy frequency for anything beyond. But so is 96.9. And I don't think 1,150 watts is going to do much for improvement on that frequency either. And honestly, you have to at least cover Mount Vernon completely if you want to advertise locally.

I think 104.7 (currently occupied by Religious KTFJ-LP Burlington) might be a slightly better frequency than either 105.7 or 96.9. But I'm not the engineer guy here.

Back
Top Bottom