• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K-Love "Local"?

I hadn't noticed before but I'm a very infrequent K-Love listener but I've been noticing them stopping down to do local or regional produced underwriting announcements and directing people to the Business Partners section of the website. The set I heard this morning didn't seem localized to Dayton, Ohio but I suppose it could have been regionalized out of the Indy studio. Specifically Indiana Wesleyan University (with adult programs in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio) and a confeence in Fort Wayne.

On K-LOVE's station in Dyersburg, TN I've heard ads for concerts in the Memphis area and local PSA's occasionally. I've also heard advertisements for Union University in Jackson, TN's online program, but I don't know if that was local or national ads.

With the iPump satellite technology currently used in the Full Powered KLove stations they do have the ablity to break away each hour for local spots/underwrite annoucements... they could even go a step further and break away for a 'forcast' or 'traffic update' if they wanted.. the data is downlinked via the satellite bandwidth they have and audio played directly from the satellite receivers internal hard-drive mixing seamlessly with the streamed network programming without the need for external automation systems/hardware at each transmitter site.

http://www.wegener.com/CORPORATE/corp_press_sub.php?id=176

Yes, they are doing localized inserts on their stations. I hear NYC oriented concert announcements, churches, etc, on 96.7 from time-to-time. The Network feeds the "Inside the music" bits, and the local system drops the local "spots" (for lack of a better term) over those.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom