• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Just because it's fact somewhere doesn't mean it's fact everywhere

My friend owns a Country Night Club. She told me that she recently read an article that said Country Music listening among Hispanics is up 25%, so starting in September (when her contract with the local CW affiliate is up) she's going to start advertising in Spanish on the local Univision affiliate.

She didn't even show me the article, so I don't know if such an article exists or whether or not the facts are accurate.

I agree with the premise in your subject line.
In the 70s, New York country station WHN promoted specifically to Hispanic listeners with subway posters and print ads in Spanish and did well with Hispanic listeners, as related in my book "WHN: When New York City Went Country". All the research that I have seen then and since says "invite them and they will come". Some country stations do, others don't.
Dale Pon, who (with George Lois) created the "I Want My MTV" campaign designed a national Hispanic campaign for the country music industry about a decade ago, when the CMA had an Hispanic Task Force, but the country industry didn't take him upon it. If they had, it WOULD be a fact everywhere.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom