• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

JUDGE THROWS OUT WWLV DAVIDSON COUNTY BROADCASTING'S TOWER BID

Just wondering...

I haven't traveled I-40 between Statesville and Winston in a good while. Is the WFMX tower still up in Cool Springs, and if so, what is the status of that facility?

I think the Cool Springs tower would be a great place for 94.1 to move to. I am sure they would need to put up a directional transmitter to protect adjacent stations to the NW, but that could still make it a powerhouse for the 2 metros throwing a local signal in Charlotte and most of Winston & High Point, depending on how much eastern signal Fed's would permit.

Don't think Cool Springs is an option...What's the point anyway with 94.1 leased to K-Love.. I'm biased, but I'm for taking the station back at the termination of the lease, but there are others involved!

BIG APE said:
Don't think Cool Springs is an option...What's the point anyway with 94.1 leased to K-Love.. I'm biased, but I'm for taking the station back at the termination of the lease, but there are others involved!
+
How much longer does the K-Love Lease continue on? Seems like it has been several years now.

The station was on a roll when the EMF deal was struck and feel it was a desire to "build a tower" more than building a radio station. 94.1 could have been a much bigger factor in both the Greensboro and Charlotte martket if there had been some marketing and a commitment to win by the ownership. It is my understanding that the music and all the elements of the format are still in their scott system and it could be back on the air with the push of a few buttonsd. Don't expect that to happen.

audiomusiclover said:
BIG APE said:
+
How much longer does the K-Love Lease continue on? Seems like it has been several years now.

I think the orginal deal was for 5 years

I had forgotten that Carl Ford is a Rowan commissioner - how has he voted in these proceedings? FYI, Ford owns WRKB (Kannapolis) and WRNA (China Grove). Are he and Hilton friends or foes? The news article does state that Attorney Fox advised Ford not to comment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom