• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jolt

After reading a really good Coke zero thread, I decided to swing the other direction and chat about Jolt Cola.
Twice the caffeene. They too have many different flavours. My favourite happens to be the Cherry Bomb. Cherry cola, with TWICE the caffeene than that of a cup of coffee (so they say.)
I don't drink it often though, because it's just not as good for you as Coke zero...right? (Also, I do drink Coke Zero too, and find that it tastes better than Pepsi one.)

<P ID="signature">______________
"If you never say NO, How much is your YES worth?"
</P>

> After reading a really good Coke zero thread, I decided to
> swing the other direction and chat about Jolt Cola.
> Twice the caffeene. They too have many different flavours.
> My favourite happens to be the Cherry Bomb. Cherry cola,
> with TWICE the caffeene than that of a cup of coffee (so
> they say.)
> I don't drink it often though, because it's just not as good
> for you as Coke zero...right? (Also, I do drink Coke Zero
> too, and find that it tastes better than Pepsi one.)
>
I haven't seen Jolt in my local stores in a year or 2. Jolt is meant to compete with Mountain Dew. I like Jolt and would buy it, if I could find it in stores. The Strack & Van Til grocery stores in my area still sell Tab, which I thought Coca Cola stopped making, but it's still available, but only in cola flavored (at least at Strack & Van Til), and yes it still has sacharin (probably not spelled correctly) in it.

> > After reading a really good Coke zero thread, I decided to
>
> > swing the other direction and chat about Jolt Cola.
> > Twice the caffeene. They too have many different flavours.
>
> > My favourite happens to be the Cherry Bomb. Cherry cola,
> > with TWICE the caffeene than that of a cup of coffee (so
> > they say.)
> > I don't drink it often though, because it's just not as
> good
> > for you as Coke zero...right? (Also, I do drink Coke Zero
> > too, and find that it tastes better than Pepsi one.)
> >
> I haven't seen Jolt in my local stores in a year or 2. Jolt
> is meant to compete with Mountain Dew. I like Jolt and
> would buy it, if I could find it in stores. The Strack &
> Van Til grocery stores in my area still sell Tab, which I
> thought Coca Cola stopped making, but it's still available,
> but only in cola flavored (at least at Strack & Van Til),
> and yes it still has sacharin (probably not spelled
> correctly) in it.
>

I don't think I have seen Jolt before. Maybe I have. I don't know. Well, I assume they still have "Surge" out. Full of sugar and calories.

Sodas

Jolt = Nasty Carp. I don't even know where to buy it. The last time I saw it was 5 years ago at an Indian owned Mini-Mart in Bristol, CT. Not my opinion but heard it on the radio years ago - The Breakfast of Champions = Jolt Cola and Cocoa Puffs.

I don't think Surge is being made anymore. If it is they don't sell it in Connecticut. I haven't seen it in the stores in 5 years. I used to love it. I liked it better than Mountain Dew.

I really liked the Pepsi Blue they had out 2 summers ago. I wish they'd make that again. I also like Mt. Dew Code Red and Mt. Dew LiveWire better than I like regular Mt. Dew. The Mountain Dew Midnight or was it Mountain Dew Black was nasty. I was also one of the few people who liked Pepsi Clear when that was about 10 or 15 years ago.

Top 13 Favorite Sodas:

1. Vanilla Coke (hard to find in 20 oz. bottles)
2. Coke (Also likes Shaw's SuperMarket Brand)
3. Cherry Coke
4. Pepsi
5. Wild Cherry Pepsi
6. Mt. Dew Code Red
7. Mt. Dew LiveWire
8. Dr. Pepper
9. Mt. Dew
10. Sierra Mist
11. Any Orange Soda (Likes Sunkist and Fanta and Store Brands)
12. Any Grape Soda (Likes Welchs and Fanta and Store Brands)
13. PineApple Soda (Can't remember if it's Andorondic or Polar brand. Plus Shaw's Supermarket brand)

Re: Sodas

The first and last time I had jolt was when I did my first (and, coinsidently, last) overnight shift on WBLI in Long Island, back in 1998. Pulled a 11p-5a shift, then had to be into work at my real job at 9am. I think I drank about six (1)-liters all day to stay awake at the real job! It worked!

> Jolt = Nasty Carp. I don't even know where to buy it. The
> last time I saw it was 5 years ago at an Indian owned
> Mini-Mart in Bristol, CT. Not my opinion but heard it on the
> radio years ago - The Breakfast of Champions = Jolt Cola
> and Cocoa Puffs.

</P>

THE Final Word (or two) about Sodas

First, that low Carb Coke™ (33% less Carbs), came in a Can that was 33% smaller. Did anyone ever think about that?. Second, I am a seeking a Patent for my new Idea that will change the future of all Sodas, to come with no Sweeteners at all. The End User simply will put in their own Ingredients, be it Honey, NutraSweet™, Splenda™, Pure Cane Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Sucrose, Stevia, Sweet N' Low™, Cyclamates... And If you need Caffeine, put some C-O-M-P-O-Z™, or No Doze™ in the Mix. And I still want to learn more about the "Mood Drug" in 7 Up™. It originally contained lithium citrate, removed in 1950, a mood-stabilizing drug. Many early soft drinks contained herbal or pharmaceutical ingredients. As we all know Coke a Cola™ had Cocaine in the original formula. I think this whole Soft Drink thing is a conspiracy, no wonder my Grandmother told me Soft Drinks were bad. That's because they took out the good Stuff, and loaded it with poisons complements from the Fine Folks at Pfizer®, and Monsanto® too!

> After reading a really good Coke zero thread, I decided to
> swing the other direction and chat about Jolt Cola.
> Twice the caffeene. They too have many different flavours.
> My favourite happens to be the Cherry Bomb. Cherry cola,
> with TWICE the caffeene than that of a cup of coffee (so
> they say.)
> I don't drink it often though, because it's just not as good
> for you as Coke zero...right? (Also, I do drink Coke Zero
> too, and find that it tastes better than Pepsi one.)
>

Re: Sodas

> I don't think Surge is being made anymore.
Haven't seen that for quite a while on the other side of the country from CT, either.

> I really liked the Pepsi Blue they had out 2 summers ago. I
> wish they'd make that again. I also like Mt. Dew Code Red
> and Mt. Dew LiveWire better than I like regular Mt. Dew. The
> Mountain Dew Midnight or was it Mountain Dew Black was
> nasty. I was also one of the few people who liked Pepsi
> Clear when that was about 10 or 15 years ago.

Everyone I knew absolutely HATED Pepsi Blue, so I never had any myself. I absolutely love Code Red... and I'm glad to know I'm not the only person that liked Crystal Pepsi (what the clear Pepsi was called).

I tried to put my all-time favorites in a list... I can pick a #1, after that I have no clue where to go from there... so:
1. Cherry RC
the rest (in no particular order) - RC, Pepsi, "new" Cherry Pepsi, Vanilla Pepsi, Cherry Coke, Mt. Dew Code Red, Ruby Red Squirt, Orange Crush; also most any store brand which is probably all re-branded Shasta.<P ID="signature">______________
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.radio-info.com/mods/board?Post=492543&Board=askus>RIP Doug Fleming</a></P>

> Jolt
> is meant to compete with Mountain Dew.

In Canada, the answer to that is NO.
Mountain Dew there has REAL orange juice in it,(10%) with NO Caffiene, and is just a nice enjoyable beverage...that's why they recently introduced new Mountain dew Energy...with 91 mg of Caffiene per 20 ounce bottle. (591 ml)

"If you never say NO, How much is your YES worth?"
</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom