• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Joey Reynolds

Not to argue with Wikipedia & his website, but Wibbage brought in Joey Reynolds for evenings 6-10 pm when Buckley Broadcasting took over the station in October, 1969 (noted in the Daily News Oct. 29, 1969) & he left in December, 1970 (noted in the Inquirer Dec. 15, 1970] & John Landecker moved from 10 pm to 6 pm. I was a senior in high school that year & very tuned in to WIBG & Joey every evening. My favorite WIBG era with ‘hip’ jocks like Ed Richards mornings, a fun station.

Last edited:
my best years listening to WIBBAGE was 1964 to 1966, from the start of the British Invasion to the birth of WFIL. Best jock line up, Jerry Stevens 6-10, Bill Wright 10-2, the Legendary Rocking Bird 2-6, Hyski 6-10, Frank X Feller 10-2 and Allan Dean 2-6, plus fill ins Ray Gilmore of the group the spokesmen, Larry Justice and a few others. I could not wait to get home from school to put Joe on, the jocks were just as entertaining as the music they played. I never was a WFIL fan, I stuck with WIBBAGE until Buckley took over, they kinda changed the feel of the legend. Now the fun part, I am on a few dating sites, yep can't get a date lol, and my opening line is extra points for anyone who knows what WIBBAGE was and you would not believe how many woman around my age 70 write back and know what it was to a tee, and mention Joe and Hy. Goes to show you how popular radio and WIBG was way back when. I would bet in 40 years, not one teenager today would know any station they listen to now....

my best years listening to WIBBAGE was 1964 to 1966, from the start of the British Invasion to the birth of WFIL. Best jock line up, Jerry Stevens 6-10, Bill Wright 10-2, the Legendary Rocking Bird 2-6, Hyski 6-10, Frank X Feller 10-2 and Allan Dean 2-6, plus fill ins Ray Gilmore of the group the spokesmen, Larry Justice and a few others. I could not wait to get home from school to put Joe on, the jocks were just as entertaining as the music they played. I never was a WFIL fan, I stuck with WIBBAGE until Buckley took over, they kinda changed the feel of the legend. Now the fun part, I am on a few dating sites, yep can't get a date lol, and my opening line is extra points for anyone who knows what WIBBAGE was and you would not believe how many woman around my age 70 write back and know what it was to a tee, and mention Joe and Hy. Goes to show you how popular radio and WIBG was way back when. I would bet in 40 years, not one teenager today would know any station they listen to now....
I don't know. It seems to me that young country fans -- and there are more of them every year -- are pretty radio-friendly and station-loyal. I'll decline your betting proposition because neither of us will likely be around to collect or pay up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom