• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Joe's latest thread regarding Don Werlinger.

I hope you get to the bottom of this. I would like to see Don out of the broadcasting business once and for all.

As a longtime member here, I think an explanation is in order from Frank or Boz as to why Joe Donalson's topic regarding Werlinger, and his unapproved by the Commission involvement with several licensed stations and/or translators in & around Houston & Texas, has been removed. While we all know Joe's past, and most of us likely questions some of his motives, the topic he posted was well laid out and violated no TOS that I came across in reading the article and attachment. Thank you in advance for the timely response.

Joe Polichino "Purpledevil"

The reason we removed the post (but as has been noted, it has not been deleted) is primarily because we don't want RD to become the place where dirty laundry gets exposed... just for the sake of exposing it. Dirty laundry does not always equal deliberate, intentional wrong doing. Upon further review, we may replace it.

Whistle blowing is important. Anonymity in order to expose wrong doing is important.

Sometimes these topics generate quite a bit of traffic; anything remotely scandalous will. We do like the traffic. However...

When there is wrong doing, one should alert the authorities first, and let the legal and justice system work. When the system does not work, then I think it is appropriate to shake things up. It seems most of these types of posts from 93QClassic, is that he is more interested in exposing, simply for exposing's sake. I could be wrong. And feel free to correct me about that with factual reasons that do not include something whereby you have been affected personally.

93QClassic, if you want to do investigative journalism, and expose the corrupt through a proper process, then you should do just that and not jeopardize a third party (like RD) to lawsuits and the like.

To be clear, I am not against the truth being told. I do have reservations about how and when it is told though... sometimes innocent people get caught in the crossfire (such as honest/innocent people losing jobs). And we want to minimize anything like that from happening...

SANITY!!!

Thank you, BOZ!!!

Things were getting to the point where several of us were about to say bye bye here and go Radio-Insight only.

Going Bye-Bye to Radio Insight? Come on, O' Continuous One. You know you ain't going nowhere. I seem to recall a post on RI not too long ago where you commented how quiet it is over there. I actually like the RI design and ease of system use much better than the one here on RD. And I hate the video advertisements here on RD that often cause my flash player plug in to crash. However, the fact remains that there's almost nobody there at RI?

Sanity? Insanity? Yes, I tend to get emotional and overzealous at time, but my intentions are good and my heart is right. The RD General Manager has suggested that I should report broadcaster misconduct to the proper authorities and let them handle it. The problem here is that throughout the country our local FCC agents are overworked, and it takes a lot of prodding to get officials in Washington, DC to do anything at all. Without a doubt, a large number of radio industry insiders peruse this board on a daily basis. The Courts have recognized that "the FCC relies heavily on the honesty and probity of its licensees in a regulatory system that is largely self-policing." See Contemporary Media Inc v FCC, 214 F3d 187, 193 (DC Cir. 2000). In other words, by posting broadcaster misdeeds on this board, I'm letting everyone in the radio industry know what's going on. They are the front-line in the FCC's efforts to police the airwaves.

My posts have the some of the highest number of views on the board; this helps RD in that their advertising is seen by more people. The RD Manager's post indicates concerns over potential lawsuits. Here, the TOS for this board are pretty clear that I, not RD, am responsible for any content I post here. I am not at all worried about a lawsuit. There is an absolute defense to any slander or libel civil action, and that is actual TRUTH of the statement made.

Yes, I have to admit that my posts derive from a somewhat personal agenda. Folks, you've read my story before, so I won't repeat the sordid details. Almost everyday, our church board members and others ask, "Joe, when are we going to be able to put channel 25 back on?" and/or "Joe, when are we going to get our LPFM radio license." I have to say the opportunity to file for an LPFM was lost because we were operating an LPTV station. I have to tell them the LPTV license was cancelled because the disreputable owner, out of pure spite, surrendered it so nobody could use it. Then I'm asked why he would do that?

Its a question I can't really answer...

This bothers me. In a matter I was entrusted by others to handle, I failed.

Last edited:
The FCC will throw this in the garbage (It hasnt show up because it has not been "accepted" yet...and probably wont be!)...Even if someone is falsely using someone else's name, the fact remains the company, DAIJ Media, who owns most of the stations listed here (http://fccinfo.com/CMDProFacLookup.php?tabSearchType=Lice&sLicensee=DAIJ MEDIA, LLC) is legally shown as owned by Roberto and Ruben Villarreal in Pasadena. To prove otherwise may cause the FCC to take this "We didn't get a LPFM or LPTV license" whine more serious....but I doubt it...FX translator 106.1 K291CE is legally shown owned by PRIMERA IGLESIA EVANGELICA DE APOSTOLES Y PROFETAS, not RAFTT and unless a connection can be made between the two on LEGAL paperwork, the FCC does not act on someone complaining because they didnt get a broadcast license (though they tried to steal one)...
Filing affidavits stating someone is using MY or someone else's name is not what the FCC cares about....so this will likely end up in FILE 13....

All of the Objections have been accepted. Here's a link to the FCC Daily Digest. Scroll down the list and you will find all of New Beginnings objections. http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0311/DOC-332431A2.txt

I have also had a phone call from the second in command of the FCC's Media Bureau wanting more information. In that call I was told that after receiving my complaint, one of their staff searched their files using Don Werlinger's phone number as the search criteria. They discovered more applications using the Bob Morrow name -- a LOT more -- across the country, and are taking this matter very seriously.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you for taking your time to respond. This board is very helpful, I am learning slowly but this radio world is interesting in both doing studies, the paperwork involved, and the people.

No problem, man. I'll answer anything I can, but I'm no expert. Post any technical questions to Continuous Wave; he's a book of knowledge,

Ya know...I think former KFDM's CE Richard Kihn's attitude comes to mind here (where I see Hidden msgs because I have chosen to ignore a certain someone here)..."I don't give a sh*t"....Yep, that was Richard's catch phrase......and I think it just became mine :cool:

Ya know...I think former KFDM's CE Richard Kihn's attitude comes to mind here (where I see Hidden msgs because I have chosen to ignore a certain someone here)..."I don't give a sh*t"....Yep, that was Richard's catch phrase......and I think it just became mine :cool:

O' Continuous One, when it comes to the shenanigans in and around your home turf (e.g., E-String filing questionable paperwork saying they've built out a nonexistent translator), you are all about documenting it, taking pictures, trying to recruit Stan to join you in a petition to deny, etc. Yet when I document the nefarious deeds of two broadcasters (one of which, by the way, may turn into the biggest scandal in the communications industry for years to come, and which, also by the way, has earned me an invite to Washington in May to meet with the Commission) you not only try to belittle it in your recent post, but also personally attack me in an earlier post that RD deleted.

Here on this board we're all anonymous, but most folks in the communications industry know who you are. People speak highly of you as an honest old-timer who knows his stuff. So the question that begs an answer is why you support -- or, well, at least are rooting for -- the two allegedly corrupt broadcasters that have my focus?

By the way, folks, I shared the anonymous letter in re Werlinger because it shows people support what I'm doing. Last Saturday, there was another anonymous missive in my PO Box postmarked from Dallas. Enclosed was five $100 bills and a letter thanking me for exposing the misdeeds of another broadcaster -- not Werlinger. I'd share it, too, but I've been asked not to

Last edited:

O' Continuous One, when it comes to the shenanigans in and around your home turf (e.g., E-String filing questionable paperwork saying they've built out a nonexistent translator), you are all about documenting it, taking pictures, trying to recruit Stan to join you in a petition to deny, etc. Yet when I document the nefarious deeds of two broadcasters (one of which, by the way, may turn into the biggest scandal in the communications industry for years to come, and which, also by the way, has earned me an invite to Washington in May to meet with the Commission) you not only try to belittle it in your recent post, but also personally attack me in an earlier post that RD deleted.

Here on this board we're all anonymous, but most folks in the communications industry know who you are. People speak highly of you as an honest old-timer who knows his stuff. So the question that begs an answer is why you support -- or, well, at least are rooting for -- the two allegedly corrupt broadcasters that have my focus

One of the most honest and forthcoming individuals I have ever had the pleasure of carrying on a conversation with, that's for sure. Ol' CW may be a little rough around the edges, but he is as sharp as a tack & in my verbal encounters with the man, apparently possesses a heart of gold...

Now, what you've inquired above is a fair question, and because of that I have quoted your paragraph so that CW can read it (he has you blocked) and can properly defend his actions, if he so chooses. I'd like to hear his answer as well, because corruption is corruption, regardless if it's transpiring in Beaumont, Houston, San Antonio, or Timbuktu.

One of the most honest and forthcoming individuals I have ever had the pleasure of carrying on a conversation with, that's for sure. Ol' CW may be a little rough around the edges, but he is as sharp as a tack & in my verbal encounters with the man, apparently possesses a heart of gold...

Now, what you've inquired above is a fair question, and because of that I have quoted your paragraph so that CW can read it (he has you blocked) and can properly defend his actions, if he so chooses. I'd like to hear his answer as well, because corruption is corruption, regardless if it's transpiring in Beaumont, Houston, San Antonio, or Timbuktu.

I really hate to bring this thread into the limelight when it doesn't need to be, but I'm wondering now what happened to Continuous. He seems to have either deserted or something happened, when before he was super active. Then right around the time the questions on him surfaced, he left? I know his last activity here was before 93Q's and Purple's messages, but someone could have told him before he had the chance to see them.

Something just definitely seems up, to me. Again I'm sorry if I'm bringing this up for no reason, and I admit I could really be mistaken.

This guy also does work for a Hispanic chrisitan station in Port Neeches Texas and some work with the Castro Brothers of KBPO FAME he also does work for Christian Ministries of the Valley who is the current licence holder for KBPO

OH PLEASE dont get started on CMOTV....LYING SACK OF CRAP radio ministers....they LIED and tried to take over 1150 before the FCC consented (HEY JOE sound familiar???)...In fact, in a Petition to Deny, it was PROVEN the dozer work done to clean the land off of tree growth, etc was PAID FOR BY CMOTV and NOT Vision Latina....as the rules required......there was a NAL on that and VL also got nailed for lack of studio presence and NOT allowing a FCC Field Agent access to the public file (OR two other people....one being a city COUNCILMAN!!!!! HELLO???)

Covey was the lying sack who claimed everything was done by him and paid for by VL.....but the dozer operator was more than kind enough to produce the invoice AND check he got paid with...and it was not Castro or VL....it was the "Christian Ministers"....and how big is the Hispanic audience in PORT NECHES??? NONE...they are programming for and even push Port Arthur as the city they market to.......but its out of the city contour even in the daytime.......and they dont own the land under the towers.....VL sold it to the property folks south and leased it back...and then were LATE in paying a lot.....and I think CM was also late numerous times...

I HAVE the proof....so take your opinions and false statements about yourself and crawl back under a rock.....

I really hate to bring this thread into the limelight when it doesn't need to be, but I'm wondering now what happened to Continuous. He seems to have either deserted or something happened, when before he was super active. Then right around the time the questions on him surfaced, he left? I know his last activity here was before 93Q's and Purple's messages, but someone could have told him before he had the chance to see them.

Something just definitely seems up, to me. Again I'm sorry if I'm bringing this up for no reason, and I admit I could really be mistaken.

Sorry...BEEN busy with a Win 7 reimage project....and havent had time for much except FB at times and emails about business (some of us still have to work ya know and dont have parents to live with ;) )
In fact, the project moves East Monday....into La....with gas money this time....Im making more $$$ and I love it....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom