• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Joe's latest thread regarding Don Werlinger.

One of the most honest and forthcoming individuals I have ever had the pleasure of carrying on a conversation with, that's for sure. Ol' CW may be a little rough around the edges, but he is as sharp as a tack & in my verbal encounters with the man, apparently possesses a heart of gold...

Now, what you've inquired above is a fair question, and because of that I have quoted your paragraph so that CW can read it (he has you blocked) and can properly defend his actions, if he so chooses. I'd like to hear his answer as well, because corruption is corruption, regardless if it's transpiring in Beaumont, Houston, San Antonio, or Timbuktu.

I don't bother with Henderson since he has NOTHING in my area...I am only concerned with LOCAL signals...as that is what the FCC states...to file a Petition for anything, you MUST be in range of the station in question...an Informal Objection is possible...but I just dont deal with out of town signals...BUT I keep up with them........but IF I dont live there, thats the locals to complain...I have enough to handle in the BPT area already :)

IF someone gave money to someone for filing, etc, the FCC looks BAD upon that...I NEVER accept money...I wanted to buy 1150 at one time..for more than what CM bought it!!! but they were already in each other's pants..(AND I WORKED for Les Ledet at 1150 in my teens/20s....so YES I had a vested interest other than owning it).....BUT I could NOT approach or have someone else approach VL and say, YOU SELL TO ME and I'll DROP the paperwork....NOPE!! THATS FRAUD AND COERCION...which could lead to ME being in the pen (sorry Barney Joe but I dont care to visit your old stomping grounds!!)

Thats MY story...and I AM sticking to it....thanks Purple and others for the kind words...I MAY be abrasive but I tell the TRUTH and a LOT of folks like it but a LOT DONT....tooo bad......they need to grow up and learn the truth is the truth......

��Good to see you roaming the boards again, C-Dub. You created a minor panic! Never seen my box so full, asking where's CW? LOL, welcome back friend.

I got your message, Joe. I was just making a suggestion, since you mentioned a country kitchen type restaurant. With my current mental state, I don't really desire doing much of anything other than working, so I can continue picking up my paycheck, and sitting at home. Give me some time, Joe. I'm not opposed to sitting down with you and breaking bread, just not right now.

Oh I AM ALWAYS around....but business takes priority...........

Went to Plant Rd....the only tower there is Entergy's m/w tower at Helbig sub...no FM antenna there.....the only towers is 990 and even got better pics today...NO FM antenna at all....

OOOOOOPS...tsk tsk tsk......a preacher lie????? NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that wouldnt happen!!?? Like Swaggart, Baker, the Catholic Church (which I was raised in), Tilton and his wife (who wanted half the church as community property in their divorce), a certain church who didnt get their way and wants ALL LPFMs in Houston rescinded because they were trying to STEAL a LPTV channel (hey I have ALL the PDFs that USED to be posted on a website but got taken down when I started to point out the illegalities and just plain STUPID statements), and just about everyone else out there except for the rare few like Billy Graham and Schuester (sp?)....those men have my respect......the others DO NOT.

BTW drove by the tower certain group got donated...there IS a BEACON and sidelamps on the tower...I THOUGHT SO; wasnt a top knocked off...that tower IS supposed to be lit.....and hasnt been for almost 20 yrs (and the other tower is tooo far away to claim an exemption).......can see how fast its being fixed huh??

SOOO now that is out of the way, those who want to know my feelings, watch "Inherit the Wind". Spencer Tracy's (and Tracy always took the antagonist position in his movies.....a Roman Catholic who was having an affair with Kathering Hepburn but would not divorce his wife) speech as Drummond (based on famous lawyer Clarence Darrow who was a well known agnostic or called atheist...though he had a religious background and fought for HUMAN rights) says it all....."As much as it might jeopardize my case, I MUST admit RIGHT has no meaning to me...BUT TRUTH DOES"...

and Fredrick Marsh's character Brady was based on William Jennings Bryan....for which Bryan, Texas was named...and he was a 3 time presidential candidate (Lost of course)....reminds me of Pat Robertson these days!!

Want to watch the whole movie?? (a lot of the script was based on the actual trial transcripts)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uX1N3LeLds

BTW the Scopes Monkey Trail was the 1st trail ever covered by radio; WGN Chicago............friend/ex coworker is now the voice of that great station....and has starred in Chicago PD....and has been asked back for another episode.....lucky...(had to put a link to radio somewhere...though the movie which was broadcast many times since its theatrical run also does it...and I did not like the George C Scott version.....Tracy WAS it)

NOW with that out of the way, I am going back to important stuff....like dinner ;)

Last edited:
Went to Plant Rd....the only tower there is Entergy's m/w tower at Helbig sub...no FM antenna there.....the only towers is 990 and even got better pics today...NO FM antenna at all....

CW, RD has so kindly allowed folks to share pics. How 'bout a looksee?

a certain church who didnt get their way and wants ALL LPFMs in Houston rescinded because they were trying to STEAL a LPTV channel (hey I have ALL the PDFs that USED to be posted on a website but got taken down

Not exactly sure what you are talking about. All of the public filings remain posted on the website www.kvdo.net

BTW drove by the tower certain group got donated...there IS a BEACON and sidelamps on the tower...I THOUGHT SO; wasnt a top knocked off...that tower IS supposed to be lit.....and hasnt been for almost 20 yrs (and the other tower is tooo far away to claim an exemption).......can see how fast its being fixed huh??

Thanks for asking about the tower. Here is a video taken from 50 feet up the tower showing the tower's condition and surrounding land. https://youtu.be/-2PEpJzX7Do

The city of Houston was more concerned about getting all the trash dumped on the property cleaned up, so that has been the main goal over the last month. In the video you can see where copper thieves cut all the coaxes. When built in 1970, it was documented at 330 feet. But, according to the Feds, they inspected the tower in 2007 and logged it down at 197 feet. Its documented that part of the tower came down in 1983. Unless we have some sort of evidence that the 2007 measurement was wrong, the Feds says no lighting or painting is required. Since 175 feet of power lines going to the tower were also stolen, power had to be restored to the tower. The lights still don't work. At some point in the near future, a climber will go up to change bulbs and/or troubleshoot, and drop a measuring line.

C.W., I bet you've climbed these things before. Would you like to volunteer?

Last edited:
That's awesome bro! Good luck, and apologies for my mistaken post.

Donot worry....no foul or harm.....always PM me here....or via my SBE address.......(you dont have it???TSK TSK....I bet undercover Barney Joe does.........slinking and slithering around and looking for anything he can use........but I digress!!!)

Mouse, a PM is on the way......

-.-. .--

Remember to include the $500 when you file your Federal Income Tax.

Since it was addressed to me in care of the Church, I consider it God's money. It has been turned over as a contribution...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom