• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jocks at Little WOXR 67- 1968

Jocks at Little WOXR 67- 1968

Some More Radio Worthless Information . Some people may remember some of these guys ?
Terry Wilson - Marathon Man ( stayed on the air from the Oxford House Restaurnat )
Jay Benham - Manager ( did the 5am morning Farm show - played Country ) 1967
Jim Hartsock - Night jock ( Talawanda Highschool Senior ) His Dad also worked there 1967
Dave Michaels - Hired by Jay Benham for PD & Jock
Bob Zix - Nights - Afternoons - Jock ( Came from WMOH , Hamilton )
Todd Stevens - Jock
Jay Christian - Jock
Don Williamson - News
Don Everhart - Weekend Jock ( later went to WHON Richmond , Indiana )
Vic Parrette - Engineer on duty
Jim Gregg - ( Part Owner - from Kokomo, Indiana )
Bill Davis - Student at Miami U....answered the request lines at night
Wil Tieman - Sports Dir. ( came from WCNW , Fairfield, Ohio )
Bernie Doyle - replaced Jay Benham as GM in 1969 ( Jay stayed on with the Farm Show ) like many
little radio stations; 5am to 9am had all the spots ; Jay liked C/W music and he knew the Farm
Lingo- jargon etc....... he left shotlly after Bernies ' arrival however.
1969 - Brought into WOXR ---- "The Rick Sellers' years ".... Broadcasting student from Miami U.
Also....New Jocks .... Roger Hamlin.....Greg Paul Tantum ...... Mike Lee ..... and others ......
Station moved from above Beasleys Bakery to 14 N. College Street and than it would move again
to uptown Oxford....over the Burger King ....than out to College Corn. Pike as WOXY ....

Re: Jocks at Little WOXR 67- 1968

Bob Zix was a member of the Lemon Pipers who's biggest hit was Green Tambourine. Rick Sellers now owns KMRY in Iowa http://www.kmryradio.com/staff.html .

Radio Fish Heads said:
Station moved from above Beasleys Bakery to 14 N. College Street and than it would move again
to uptown Oxford....over the Burger King ....than out to College Corn. Pike as WOXY ....
They actually moved in the basement of the building @ 118 East High Street, with Burger King above them.

Just sayin'.

YES......YOU are correct.......they were in the Basement below the Burger;
must have been the drugs from thoes years that affected my Memory.....
Led Zeplin , REO Speedwagon, Uriah Heep, Johnny Winter, Grand Junk Railroad,
Bad Company, Lemon Pipers ( and BTW------Bob Zix was NEVER in the group)
trust me-----I know the Lemon boys.......did you Know Bob Nave or however
spell it worked at WOXR ---- ( 14 N. College location---he also built the LP
Shelves in parts of the station ) more little unknown infor about local radio !!!

Is Don Everhart who you mentioned as going to WHON the same person who was at WONE/WTUE in the early 70's. As John Oscarhart on WONE and Bwana Johnny on WTUE.

Radio Fish Heads said:
Lemon Pipers ( and BTW------Bob Zix was NEVER in the group)
trust me
I trust you better than I trust my AARP mind...I stand corrected...it was Bob Nave.

Don Everhart was also John Oscarhart and later Bawana Johnny at the following
Radio stations: WOXR....WHON....WONE-FM .....WTUE and he died of a massive
heart attack in 1984 ( Dallas, Texas ) at KPLX Radio.....

Bob Zix went onto KELP in El Paso. Lost track of him after that.

Several other names from that era were Rick Ludwin, Frank Tantum Jr, and Gerald Wayne Anderson.

Frank was Greg Tantums older brother ( Student at Miami U. ) Jerry Anderson
was later Scotty Jackson at WSAI - 1360 and later to be Dr. J and the All Night
Funny Farm on WSAI AM....... ( Gerald Wayne Anderson )....... He also worked
at WMEE....... last I heard, lives in Ky....Retired from Radio.....

Radio Fish Heads said:
Frank was Greg Tantums older brother ( Student at Miami U. ) Jerry Anderson
was later Scotty Jackson at WSAI - 1360 and later to be Dr. J and the All Night
Funny Farm on WSAI AM....... ( Gerald Wayne Anderson )....... He also worked
at WMEE....... last I heard, lives in Ky....Retired from Radio.....

Thanks for the info on Scott Jackson/Jerry Anderson-he also worked at WKRC from 1973-1976, then at WUBE AM and FM, as Scott Jackson on AM, Jerry Anderson on FM. I last heard him on the original WDJO in 1986-1987, when he replaced Ted McAllister, when Ted left to devote full time to being a consultant

Regarding Don Everhart

I was married to Don Everhart a.k.a. Bwana Johnny from WTUE. My name is Debbie. Don and I married 7/27/1974. He left WTUE in 1974 and went to WQPD in Lakeland, Florida. In 1975 we moved to Dallas, Texas and he went to work as Chief Audio Engineer for Bill Meeks at PAMS. Unfortunately Don passed away 10/19/1983 at the age of 32 from a massive heart attack.

They did gain controversy for playing The Pusher (uncensored), I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-to-Die Rag (uncensored), Cowgirl in the Sand (uncut), Down by the River (uncut), John Barleycorn Must Die (uncut), and to top it all off.... Je t'aime... moi non plus.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom