• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jerry Williams intro theme song

Driving me nuts looking for this. What was the opening theme music for Jerry William’s WMEX program from the 60’s? Any ideas I would most assuredly be thankful for.

Bye bye old sport.

If you are on FB, there is a Jerry Williams fan page run by his daughter Eve, aka Taylor Morgan.... you could ask her even though his WMEX days were probably before she was born

He probably didn't like the "music" opening to his show on MEX. I think it was the second WBZ opening Jerry liked: part drums,part electronic and the voice man was Ken Nordine --I believe-- who I think was working out of Philadelphia at that time.

Last edited:
If you are on FB, there is a Jerry Williams fan page run by his daughter Eve, aka Taylor Morgan.... you could ask her even though his WMEX days were probably before she was born
You are right. I believe she has got lots of his Chicago memorabilia and later as well. Nice gal. Knew her in Palm Beach. The theme I’m referring to was the very opening theme. Very 1950’s very bebop with horns and muted trumpet solo. Driving me crazy. I’m not sure if it wasn’t used briefly for Steve (Philly Sports Man) when he took over the show.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom