• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jeff Slater

Is Jeff Slater still in the Tampa market? A few years ago he was playing around at "The Bone".

I was somewhat surprised he made the move to a music station from Orlando. I thought he sounded fantastic at 580 and 540 and definitely major league talk talent. I could easily picture him doing mornings at WJR in Detroit!

slater works for cox in tampa, mostly on 102.5 the bone. He mosts the middays i believe. I remember jeff in orlando too on WDBO, he did a trivia show. He also worked at 107.3 the Bay - now the eagle - when the late annie sommers was the program director. Jeff is a great guy, great radio talent.

Yes...I almost forgot about that trivia program which he did on Friday's with Dutch Shaffer and Kirk Healy. But he also worked middays Monday thru Thursdays on the air in the same time period. From there he and a newsgirl from WDBO went to do mornings at 540. That lasted long enough for Bud Headinger to become available and both Jeff and the girl got whacked.

i left orlando in 2000 and worked for 1073 the Bay, jeff came over a few years later. Is marsha Taylor still in charge of WDBO?

I worked in an office with a couple of women who listened to his trivia show and would call in and win stuff all the time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom