• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jaxon Moves to iHeartMedia's ALT 104.5 in Philadelphia

I can't know for sure, but I assume he lives in D.C. for his morning show, so the "welcome Jaxon back home to Philly" thing miiiiiight be a stretch. A second assumption: Scads of demographically-desirable listeners will enjoy the show, while the station's ad sales will see little (if any) bounce as a result.

Is that the same Mike Kaplan that was in charge when KROQ's ratings slid?

Technically the ratings were sliding before he got there, but yes, this is the same Mike Kaplan who previously worked for Audacy.

Credit iHeart for finding creative ways to utilize known talent in ways that are good for everyone.

I can't know for sure, but I assume he lives in D.C. for his morning show, so the "welcome Jaxon back home to Philly" thing miiiiiight be a stretch. A second assumption: Scads of demographically-desirable listeners will enjoy the show, while the station's ad sales will see little (if any) bounce as a result.

Radio-Online knows how to pick the least important part of the press release to become their headline.

There was something NOT mentioned in the press release that may make this a bigger story. I've been waiting on verification from the station since yesterday afternoon.

I understand that. Plenty of stations regardless of format do a "rewind" or "throwback" noon hour. They usually don't change jocks just for that one hour; it generally gets hosted by whoever is the midday jock.

Why not just schedule him for the full midday shift?

Lance at RadioInsight with the full schedule shuffle now:

(Don't know if that was the bigger story Lance was alluding to)

Last edited:
Lance at RadioInsight with the full schedule shuffle now:

(Don't know if that was the bigger story Lance was alluding to)

No. The press release had no mention of The Woody Show in the lineup.

Because morning drive in DC is a bigger gig.
I'm sure @MarkW was alluding to having him track middays for Philly after his DC morning show, like dozens er. hundreds of other iHeart talents do. And Mike Jones, who hosts afternoons at DC101 has done for 104.5 for well over a decade now.

If they had room in the lineup, I'm sure that will be considered. But the schedule change taking place tomorrow moves Amber Miller back to middays after moving to tracked nights when she was promoted to PD in 2020. Now that she's APD again, she moves back to middays. And for the first time afternoons will be local with Jessie being promoted from middays. Jones now will track nights following his promotion from middays to afternoons in Washington a couple months ago. Optimizing the bodies they have in the building seems to be what they're doing here.

I'm sure @MarkW was alluding to having him track middays for Philly after his DC morning show, like dozens er. hundreds of other iHeart talents do. And Mike Jones, who hosts afternoons at DC101 has done for 104.5 for well over a decade now.

You are correct, sir! :)

I understand that. Plenty of stations regardless of format do a "rewind" or "throwback" noon hour. They usually don't change jocks just for that one hour; it generally gets hosted by whoever is the midday jock.

Why not just schedule him for the full midday shift?
Because that's not what they want at this time. Sometimes it's ok to do something a little different.

Putting a highly regarded and popular air talent on for only 1 hour daily so that folks who have a history of drawing meager ratings can retain multi-hour air shifts seems like a great idea to me!
Adding a highly regarded and popular air talent for a specialty show to invite possible new listeners to listen to the show and keep listening to the station after the show is over seems like a great idea to me.

Back
Top Bottom