• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

JAM'N 94.5

M

musicman3355

Has anyone noticed that this station is more like another Kiss 108 clone but with a rhythmic feel? They're a lot less urban than the other CC Urban/Rhythmic stations in the country, plus the playlist seems small, they always repeat the same song over and over again. I don't like this station... plus if I remember when I checked the yes.com logs for Jam'n in the summer, were they playing Britney Spears and Lady Gaga? Last time I checked Britney wasn't a hip-hop nor R&B artist.

BTW, I've also took a listen to Hot 97 Boston. They sound WAY better than Jam'n in many ways, which is funny that a pirate radio station sounds better than a legal licensed station.

JAM'N 94.5 Daily playlist SUCKS ! I posted JAM'N 94.5 playlist on the WZOU Tread and its AWFUL . PIRATE RADIO RULES !!! JAM'N playlist is same 5 songs over and over again.

I agree totally, said it before and I will say it again Jam'n 94.5 is the Radio Disney of hip-hop stations.  It's the teeny bop hip-hop station.  Those kids don't mind hearing the same stupid songs over and over. Jam'n 94.5's demographic is mostly in the wealthy suburbs, and it reflects how the station sounds.  87.7 may be pirate, but it serves the urban audience which Jam'n 94.5 ignores.  The signal of 87.7 also covers the urban area of Boston well and can be heard clearly within Route 495 near Boston.

JAM'N really does sound bad these days. The playlist is way too heavy on the Pop which causes significant playlist overlap with KISS.

Now they play Lady GaGa and Ke$ha but the city kids don't care because they have pirates like Hot 97 Boston and Big City 101.3, that cater to the Urban Boston areas.

Jam'n's format is not "Urban." Its format is "Rhythmic Top 40." Although it did have a more urban lean for much of the 2000's, with the conversion to electronic measurement of listening (PPM) showing that more mainstream scores much better ratings, they have adjusted their playlist to lean back more in the top 40 direction. Their playlist is similar to most other Rhythmic Top 40 stations across the country, although indeed it is perhaps more repetitive. Kiss 108 is also more repetitive than the average Mainstream Top 40 station...but that seems to be Chris Tyler's style.

Chris Tyler Suck ! Bring back the good old days when each station had there own PD.

MikeyBos said:
Jam'n's format is not "Urban." Its format is "Rhythmic Top 40." Although it did have a more urban lean for much of the 2000's, with the conversion to electronic measurement of listening (PPM) showing that more mainstream scores much better ratings, they have adjusted their playlist to lean back more in the top 40 direction. Their playlist is similar to most other Rhythmic Top 40 stations across the country, although indeed it is perhaps more repetitive. Kiss 108 is also more repetitive than the average Mainstream Top 40 station...but that seems to be Chris Tyler's style.

Jam'n SUCKS, regardless of their format. Other stations that also have that format, Rhythmic Top 40, such as Hot 93.7 in Hartford, absolutely wipe the floor with Jam'n's weakass playlist. It's always been that way, this isn't anything new about this station. They've been mediocre since the late 90's, and only stepped it up a bit in the mid 2000's when competition was around, aka WBOT. Once they went off the air, back to the repetitiveness it was. And why be daring when they're the only game in town? Same exact thing with Kiss. CBS, are you listening?

WBIMDJ said:
MikeyBos said:

Jam'n SUCKS, regardless of their format. Other stations that also have that format, Rhythmic Top 40, such as Hot 93.7 in Hartford, absolutely wipe the floor with Jam'n's weakass playlist. It's always been that way, this isn't anything new about this station. They've been mediocre since the late 90's, and only stepped it up a bit in the mid 2000's when competition was around, aka WBOT. Once they went off the air, back to the repetitiveness it was. And why be daring when they're the only game in town? Same exact thing with Kiss. CBS, are you listening?
I agree .

I'm agreeing with what everyone is saying. Clear Channel is becoming more stupider now - look at CC's KIIS-FM here in LA, recently, I noticed they're sounding like a wannabe Power 106. If Clear Channel really wanted to battle out Power 106, then get rid of Hot 92.3 and turn it in to a rhythmic station. That station is useless anyway.

2010 might aswell NOT be the year for radio. Or maybe just not CC's year.

rapking said:
Chris Tyler Suck ! Bring back the good old days when each station had there own PD.

Woe, have you ever met the guy? That is strong language for someone you possibly never met.

Anyone can pick him out of the crowd. He the guy at a nightclub ( or party ) telling the D.J. to play the same 5 songs over and over again.

rapking said:
Anyone can pick him out of the crowd. He the guy at a nightclub ( or party ) telling the D.J. to play the same 5 songs over and over again.

Hey, if that is what gets the money and advertisers then who is to complain. True, its not great radio, but it does pay the bills.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom