• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jack...

I'm noticing that the JACKS are starting to drop. We've already lost our JACK to a Country station here in my neck of the woods, and Radio-Info's front page has news of a few more JACKS going away.

How's 100.7 doing?

Jack was hit by a bus and is recovering nicely. With a glue gun.

The radio station is doing very well as it has been off-branded since inception.

I think what Chris means is that Jack has always been positioned as an "outsider", never for the mainstream. Anyone who jumped on Jack as a quick ratings boost is now disappointed at the lack of long-term cume, but those who figured out at the start that it was a niche format and adapted to selling it as such are doing fine.

-- Doc.

DoctorWu said:
I think what Chris means is that Jack has always been positioned as an "outsider", never for the mainstream. Anyone who jumped on Jack as a quick ratings boost is now disappointed at the lack of long-term cume, but those who figured out at the start that it was a niche format and adapted to selling it as such are doing fine.

-- Doc.

Ok, that makes sense.
One observation about 100.7 JACK FM, is that when I was visiting last spring, there were much more Classic Dance and Disco cuts in the rotation, than the syndicated JACK we heard out here. At the time, the Walrus had not come on the air yet, so there were no Oldies based Classic Hits in San Diego either. Not sure if that had something to do with it.

Thanks.

San Diego's Jack has a morning show; other Jacks did not (a few did .....)
San Diego's Jack has a monkey
A way-different music lib than LA's (I can get both).

San Diego's morning show is really good; Monique with Greg Sims and Sara.

Thanks for clearing that up Chris, that's what I thought you meant, but wasn't sure.

I would have liked to have had the San Diego JACK in my neck of the prarie.
What we ended up with, was a disappointment...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom