• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jack by any other name.

Oldiesgal

Inactive
Inactive User
If Jack format means any station that plays music that is a total hodge podge of times , eras and styles plus no jocks ----------- what do you call a station that runs jockless 20 hours a day and might play Beachboys, Diana Ross, Eagles, Madonna, Kenny Gee, Herman's Hermits ,Arlo Guthrie,Johhn Denver, Gilbert O'Sullivan,Four Tops, Bette Midler, and Frank Sinatra in one hour? The music is all over the place and its jockless. We got one right here now. I'd call it "Jack Lite" and it appearantly works.

> If Jack format means any station that plays music that is a
> total hodge podge of times , eras and styles plus no jocks
> ----------- what do you call a station that runs jockless 20
> hours a day and might play Beachboys, Diana Ross, Eagles,
> Madonna, Kenny Gee, Herman's Hermits ,Arlo Guthrie,Johhn
> Denver, Gilbert O'Sullivan,Four Tops, Bette Midler, and
> Frank Sinatra in one hour? The music is all over the place
> and its jockless. We got one right here now. I'd call it
> "Jack Lite" and it appearantly works.
>

I'd call it Adult Contemporary, with no jocks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom