• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I've been fired!

wavelength

Inactive
Inactive User
The big cheese claims I am anti-social,uncooperative, judgemental, and sanctimonious. I have been asked to resign by the end of the month. I asked if I could leave now. He said do what you want. I guess I will stick around. Im going to make life hell for people the next 2 weeks! Whoo!!!!

> The big cheese claims I am anti-social,uncooperative,
> judgemental, and sanctimonious.

Yeah, they always try and break it you gently like that.

> judgemental, and sanctimonious. I have been asked to resign
> by the end of the month. I asked if I could leave now. He
> said do what you want. I guess I will stick around. Im
> going to make life hell for people the next 2 weeks!
> Whoo!!!!
>

You know, when your boss stood there next to you and told all of this.....Did you just stand there nodding your head up and down?

....I'm just curious.

> > The big cheese claims I am anti-social,uncooperative,
> > judgemental, and sanctimonious.
>
> Maybe you could get a job with Air America.
>
> 73s from 954
>

I knew there was a line there somewhere but couldn't come up with it. Congratulations!

Or maybe a job as Rush's connection, or maybe even be a hannity fill in!

>
> Maybe you could get a job with Air America.
>
> 73s from 954
>
<P ID="signature">______________
" All my life I've always had my *#@$ together...Problem is I've never been able to pick it up" (Burt Reynolds "The Longest yard")</P>

>
> Yeah, they always try and break it you gently like that.
>

My desk must be cleared out by 8-18. The wall has been taken down by the boss. They have meetings that Im not included in since Im gone in a few weeks.

Re: Don't Burn Your Bridges

> Whoo!!!!
>
Want some advice? I wouldn’t burn any bridges if I were you. You never know when someday you might need your former employer as a reference for another job. By giving your current boss hell for two weeks, he or she might give the rest of your professional life hell; did you ever think of that?

When I resigned from my last radio job I could have ripped management a new rear end in my exit interview. Instead I cited how much I enjoyed working with the staff and that I will miss being in broadcasting.

The only person you hurt when you burn your bridges is yourself. So I hope you will reconsider your actions and go out like a professional, with your head held high. Even if this station treated you like crap, why get in the gutter with those who held you down?
<P ID="signature">______________
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them".</P>

Re: Don't Burn Your Bridges

> The only person you hurt when you burn your bridges is
> yourself.

I couldn't agree more. It's especially rewarding when you have reason to have hard feelings and instead are very complimentary toward them. It makes you look good and confuses your enemies!

> > > The big cheese claims I am anti-social,uncooperative,
> > > judgemental, and sanctimonious.
> >
> > Yeah, they always try and break it you gently like that.
> >

> My desk must be cleared out by 8-18. The wall
> has been taken down by the boss. They have meetings that
> Im not included in since Im gone in a few weeks.

Seriously, you know if their reasons are legitimate or not. If they are, you need to face it and make the adjustment. If they are wrong, that you are not anti-social, uncooperative etc., then someone else will appreciate you.

When asked while interviewing if you've ever been dismissed say "Yes." And then tell the truth. For example: "I believe I did a very good job but in hindsight, I communicated my frustration in inappropriate ways. I've learned from that."

That will get you a lot farther than those who lie and say they weren't fired or who spend the rest of the interview running down their former employer. Even if it's TRUE it makes you look bad.

This sounds like advice from my Grandmother?

Most Employer's just verify Time & Title, and that's it!. If they say or do anything else that can be construed as hurtful, you can take them to Court.

> Want some advice? I wouldn’t burn any bridges if I were you.
> You never know when someday you might need your former
> employer as a reference for another job. By giving your
> current boss hell for two weeks, he or she might give the
> rest of your professional life hell; did you ever think of
> that?
>
> When I resigned from my last radio job I could have ripped
> management a new rear end in my exit interview. Instead I
> cited how much I enjoyed working with the staff and that I
> will miss being in broadcasting.
>
> The only person you hurt when you burn your bridges is
> yourself. So I hope you will reconsider your actions and go
> out like a professional, with your head held high. Even if
> this station treated you like crap, why get in the gutter
> with those who held you down?
>

Re: This sounds like advice from my Grandmother?

> Most Employer's just verify Time & Title, and that's it!. If
> they say or do anything else that can be construed as
> hurtful, you can take them to Court.

That's officially the case, but don't rely on that. Especially within a single industry, such as radio; it's a fairly small community. A lot of managers who work in different places have crossed paths in the past and know each other well enough to say things in confidence. These managers say a lot of things "off the record" to each other. I can think of a couple of instances where I have avoided making some really bad hiring decisions by digging below the surface and verifying some very bad stuff. Unfortunately, I have also known of people I thought were potentially great hires being disqualified by a higher up in the company because of some really questionable rumor and innuendo. <P ID="signature">______________
Jerry

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan</P>

And Jerry, you're Correct, However...

When you have employee's exhibiting this type of thinking:

>Im venting my absolute disapproval about my co-worker and
> his 8 month relationship with a Puerto Rican girl. Her
> family is moving to PR and now she is moving in with not
> only him but his parents. This is absurd! The parents to
> allow this is beyond reproach. "Sure son move your g/f in
> and have sex under our roof down the hall from our room."
> "Never mind that you're not married!" "What is our society
> coming to?

And this type of Behavior:

>I never liked him anyway but I just told him to stay away from me. I don’t >fraternize with garbage! Im putting a wall up over of my desk so he can't look >at me and I can't look at him."

With this type of statement:

>I guess I will stick around. Im going to make life hell for people the next 2 >weeks! Whoo!!!!

It might behoove you to take the first proactive step? With all that said, I have read many of Wavelength's posts, and he seems sincere & likeable.

> Whoo!!!!
>

Judging from some of your other posts, maybe you better listen to the "big cheese".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom