• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

It's like you can't trust the Cops Anymore?

M

miamimadman

DALY CITY, Calif. (AP) (July 16) - Victor Edward Willis, the original policeman in the 1970s music group the Village People, was arrested by real police who allegedly found a gun and drugs in his convertible.
Willis, who co-wrote disco hits such as "Macho Man'' and "In the Navy'' before leaving the Village People in the late 1970s, was taken into custody Monday after an officer stopped his Chevrolet Corvette.
Police said Willis didn't have a valid license or identification and at first lied about his name and residence. Inside the car, the officer found a .45-caliber handgun as well as rock cocaine and drug paraphernalia, police said.
Traces of cocaine and other paraphernalia were also found his home at a mobile home park in Daly City, just south of San Francisco, police said. Willis also had an outstanding felony warrant for possession of narcotics.
Police arrested him on suspicion of six felony counts, including possession of a firearm, driving on a suspended license and transportation of cocaine. He posted $100,000 bail Tuesday and was to be arraigned Aug. 16.

Totally. One idiot and you can't trust any of the thousands of law enforcement officers across the country. I wish I could think more like you.<P ID="signature">______________
</P>

> Totally. One idiot and you can't trust any of the thousands
> of law enforcement officers across the country.

Well, not if they are singing "Macho Man" or "YMCA" while arresting you, anyway.
<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

> > Totally. One idiot and you can't trust any of the
> thousands
> > of law enforcement officers across the country.
>
> Well, not if they are singing "Macho Man" or "YMCA" while
> arresting you, anyway.
>

........Or "In The Navy".......

You know, KM, if I didn't know what the Village People looked like, and thus, didn't know that this was an all-gay group (Their appearance/"style of dress" was a dead give-away, after all!)....I'm pretty sure I would have eventually figured it out for myself that they were a gay singing group.

"YMCA"

"Macho Man"

"In The Navy"

....All three songs had one thing in common.......They were about men.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would have figured it out for myself. LOL!

> > > Totally. One idiot and you can't trust any of the
> > thousands
> > > of law enforcement officers across the country.
> >
> > Well, not if they are singing "Macho Man" or "YMCA" while
> > arresting you, anyway.
> >
>
>
> ........Or "In The Navy".......
>
> You know, KM, if I didn't know what the Village People
> looked like, and thus, didn't know that this was an all-gay
> group (Their appearance/"style of dress" was a dead
> give-away, after all!)....I'm pretty sure I would have
> eventually figured it out for myself that they were a gay
> singing group.
>
> "YMCA"
>
> "Macho Man"
>
> "In The Navy"
>
> ....All three songs had one thing in common.......They were
> about men.
>
> Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would have figured it out for
> myself. LOL!
>

Yeah, well now he can sing about joining an all-male institution that the Villiage People left out of their repertoire; a song like "In The PO-KEE"

He could trade in his policeman costume for striped prison garb.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom