• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

It is said that President Hillary and Vice President Obama has a nice ring

A

AKLes

Musing on stuff I read here.....

It is said that President Hillary and Vice President Obama has a nice ring.....

One wonders if Hillary could be co-president with someone to whom she is not married. That leads to speculation on whether she might divorce Bill to Marry Obama. Whether two divorced candidates might really mobilize the liberal base. Whether she'd revert to "Hillary Rodham", losing some name recognition..... But she'd not to well to take "Obama" as her campaign name because "Obama/Obama" sounds like the title of a country song and those are all about lyin', cheatin' drinkin'.........

:D :D :D

Nope, Nancy Pelosi will become the first female President after Bush and Cheney are impeached. Then in '09 Hillary will take office as the first female elected President. With Obama being elected Vice President. Hillary and Bill will remain married.

Must feel pretty cool for Chelsea though, she'll be the first person in history to have both parents to serve as U.S. Presidents. I wonder what the right wing whackos will do regarding her now since she's not a helpless 12 yr old and they can't make fun of her looks. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Nope, Nancy Pelosi will become the first female President after Bush and Cheney are impeached. Then in '09 Hillary will take office as the first female elected President. With Obama being elected Vice President. Hillary and Bill will remain married.

Hmmm...more evidence of the Left not thinking this through. Let's say you are correct, and Pelosi does become President.

Are you saying that she will GIVE UP that office to Hillary? That she will give up her power as Speaker to her rival Steny Hoyer?

You know, once she becomes President, she's not a House member. Which means she'd have to run for election anew, against whatever REPUBLICAN is appointed to her seat (CA has a GOP governor).

But, would Pelosi just roll over and not run for election as POTUS in 2008? I thought she was this great leader--are you saying that she's not capable of running for election nationally? What is she afraid of? What is your side afraid of--afraid she'd lose?

That says alot about her ability to lead and be elected nationally, and alot about the Left's confidence in Pelosi.

Now that 100 hours is over, shouldn't impeachment already have started?

Pelosi is a joke, your party is a joke, and this fanciful impeachment talk is a joke.

Johnny Morgan said:
Are you saying that she will GIVE UP that office to Hillary? That she will give up her power as Speaker to her rival Steny Hoyer?

The odds-making has already begun on what might happen in Democrat primaries should an incumbent President Pelosi go head to head with Ms. Rodham for the 2008 nomination. Among the best indicators: Pearls, even the very best, most expensive, make a lousy garrote. Vince Foster still isn't talking.

In Vegas, it's being rumored that Sigfried and Roy have been approached by supporters from both sides to train their favorite......

Johnny Morgan said:
(CA has a GOP governor).

And things are just going SWIMMINGLY for the Governator, ain't it? Gotta love those tape devices.

Tibbs2 said:
Why the hell doesn't Bill Clinton just run against Hilliary? He's got a better chance, still.

Despite being illegible.

(spelling intentional)

weee said:
Nope, Nancy Pelosi will become the first female President after Bush and Cheney are impeached.

I use to put my teeth under my pillow and go to sleep waiting for the tooth fairy to exchange it for money. For President Bush and Vice President Cheney to be impeached you have to have two things: 1) crime(s), 2) and someone to do the impeaching. You have neither. The tooth fairy will not be stopping by your place. Sorry.

trifecta123 said:
The tooth fairy will not be stopping by your place.

No good can come of this.

I'm already biting my tongue and feel certain at least one other will also try....but fail so to do.

trifecta123 said:
weee said:
Nope, Nancy Pelosi will become the first female President after Bush and Cheney are impeached.

I use to put my teeth under my pillow and go to sleep waiting for the tooth fairy to exchange it for money. For President Bush and Vice President Cheney to be impeached you have to have two things: 1) crime(s), 2) and someone to do the impeaching. You have neither. The tooth fairy will not be stopping by your place. Sorry.

Cool, I did too! One time I found 5 bucks under my pillow...talk about striking it rich when your 6!

For Bush and Dick, both items are present. So the visit is inevitable :)

weee said:
For Bush and Dick, both items are present. So the visit is inevitable :)

Then you'll have no problem telling us the crimes and who is going to impeach them. You have the floor! We wait!

weee said:
Johnny Morgan said:
(CA has a GOP governor).

And things are just going SWIMMINGLY for the Governator, ain't it? Gotta love those tape devices.

Three minor corrections:

1. CA has a RINO governor.

2. The swimmer is from the other coast and he has never even run for governor.

3. Ahnollldddd has never even rented an Oldsmobile; let alone owned one.

You're referring to the tapes that were just released in full by the Governor, but of which the LA Times knew of and reported on back in September 2006, right?

That didn't seem to affect Arnold's re-election, did it? If I remember right, Arnold got 56% of the vote, and your no-name, but very nasty Democrat got 39%.

Nice try. Better luck next time. Maybe we'll get you those flexi-straws, so you'll at least have a CHANCE to grasp at them.

No Johnny, I'm talking about the tapes that were released just in the past couple days....not last year. And no, he didn't know they were given to the L.A. Times.

Sigh.

Sigh. Perhaps next time, you can read what I said.

The LA Times knew about these tapes back in September 2006--they were accessed off the governor's website back then.

A segment was leaked to the Los Angeles Times during last year's election by the campaign of Schwarzenegger's Democratic opponent, Phil Angelides. In that clip, Schwarzenegger talked about the fiery temperament that comes when people have a mixture of black and Hispanic blood, comments for which the governor apologized the next day.

The Times obtained more of the recordings Sunday, just two days after the California Highway Patrol found the Angelides campaign did nothing wrong in obtaining the audio files. The CHP said the tapes were accessed through a publicly available section of the governor's Web site.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20070205-0134-ca-schwarzenegger-tapes.html

The LA Times just obtained the rest of the tapes and was attempting to put them on their website.

Meanwhile,

The leak of the additional audio tapes prompted the governor's office Sunday night to release the transcripts of more than three hours of private conversations. Schwarzenegger's communications director, Adam Mendelsohn, blasted their leak to the Times.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20070205-0134-ca-schwarzenegger-tapes.html

And I never said he knew they were given to the Times. I said the Times knew about these tapes back then, and when the Times ran their story in September 2006, Arnold knew that the tapes were accessed.

But this doesn't change the fact that the public knew about the tapes and the unflattering remarks in September 2006, and they STILL OVERWHELMINGLY re-elected Schwarzenegger.

Thus, your theory that these tapes will neagitively impact him is misplaced at best. More likely, though, it is you continuing to avoid the fact that your party is mired in partisan hackery and is lost a chemically-induced haze of no ideas.

But, hey, what else is new? That majority sure is accomplishing alot, huh? Two (2) bill have passed both houses, and NEITHER in exactly the same form. That's the problem when you have two left hands...they can't shake and agree.

The House is done with their 100 hours crap--where's the impeachment? They're not busy with anything else, so if impeachment is so important and is coming, why not do it now?

Answer: because your House Democrats are either delusional in thinking it can actually happen, or are pansies for not even trying. So much for principle.

But is she HIS choice for President?

Last I checked, he'd have to agree--she can't just dictate. That ended with the 13th Amendment...unless Chappaqua, NY got an exemption.

johnny, when was the last time the elections started two years before...? This cycle kicked off after the Democrats gave Bush his belated THUMPIN'.

You know as well as I that the Democrats all had one big meeting and they know the pecking order.

They can't afford letting another Ralph Nader come in. Even Nader's supporters know that Nader's
arrogance led to Bush stealing the election. Take away Nader and Gore wins Florida handily. Gore won the entire state as it is.

and even Republican Pat Robertson noted that the "votes" Bush claimed from certain areas were ridiculous.

What disgusts me is that there were no riots in the streets over allowing Bush and the Supreme Court to
roll over voters in this Democracy. Who the hell is Bush to tell us he is going to make Iraq "democratic",
he abides by no rules of THIS Democracy. He is the ultimate liar.

Democrats cannot allow that kind of underhanded abuse of process fester.

Ralph Nader caused the Iraq war by his arrogance.

Joe, Johnny is right that Barak would have to agree to be her running mate, after all they are Democrats, and that's what we do...we ask people what their thoughts are, and let individuals make up their own mind. Unlike the right who try to dictate what can and can't be done.

we ask people what their thoughts are, and let individuals make up their own mind.

Except when you don't. See, e.g., substantive due process and the intersection with judicial review.

By the way, I'm sure your "Democrat" compatriots who stormed the Minuteman speech at Columbia really let individuals make up their minds--as long as they agreed with what the angry, violent, classless mob believed.

Hypocrites.

Unlike the right who try to dictate what can and can't be done.

Dictate? I'm sorry you find representative democracy so abhorrent. I'll make sure that Thomas Jefferson knows that you hate him and his ideas. Same for James Madison, John Adams, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, John Marshall, and George Washington.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom