• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is WZMX going away

Audacy just filed to move the WLFP call letters from its station its selling in Memphis to 93.7 Hartford. Considering its WZMX now and is called Hot 93.7 neither calls actually work with the moniker so I assume this is a basic parking of the WLFP calls and that idea of Hot becoming the Wolf is extremely unlikely.

Audacy just filed to move the WLFP call letters from its station its selling in Memphis to 93.7 Hartford. Considering its WZMX now and is called Hot 93.7 neither calls actually work with the moniker so I assume this is a basic parking of the WLFP calls and that idea of Hot becoming the Wolf is extremely unlikely.
They’re just parking the calls in Hartford. I highly doubt they’ll go country, since they practically have the hip hop audience all to themselves.

Last edited:
They’re just parking the calls in Hartford.
Unless the plan is to challenge WWYZ, but since no one's tried that since WWYZ went country in 1988, that's not likely. (No, WPKX didn't count, at least not as a full-market challenger.) The WZMX call goes back to its "Mix" days as an adult contemporary station, so it really doesn't fit a hip-hop station anyway. And since the call is hardly ever mentioned on air, I suppose Audacy could park just about any call there and not have anyone but radio geeks notice or care.

According to RadioInsight, it's a database error.

Audacy will move the WLFP call letters to 99.7, with 94.1 becoming WMLE on June 16 when the sale closes. A previous FCC filing listed 93.7 WZMX Hartford CT as the destination of the WLFP call letters, but an Audacy representative notes that was a clerical error with the FCC database in handling three letter calls and will not be the case.

Word is that you totally made up the above "speculation."

You can likely forget anything about 93.7 changing. Audacy tells me that the WZMX part of the call letter filing was an issue with the FCC's LMS in handling the three letter calls of WMC-FM.

WLFP is moving to 99.7 WMC-FM Memphis, not WZMX....

Back
Top Bottom