• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is this Hot AC or Adult Hits?

Would a station with this playlist be considered Hot AC or Adult Hits?

Avril Lavigne
Adele
Sugarland
Evanescence
KT Tunstall
Stone Temple Pilots
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Kesha
Chris Young
Metallica
The Pretty Reckless
Demi Lovato
Delta Goodrem
Sugarland
Lady Antebellum
Alice in Chains
Nirvana
Alan Jackson
Motley Crue
Quiet Riot
Ratt
Blake Shelton
Miranda Lambert

I would say it's Hot AC because Adult Hits includes a lot of stuffs from 70s & 80s as well. Except, this playlist seems slow. Hot AC in 2012 should have more currents than this playlist.

I'll go with trying to do too much and hit too many demographics. This station would have a ton of train wrecks...Kesha, Chris Young, Metallica back-to-back-to-back? Wow.

semoochie said:
Some of those acts aren't very female leaning. I'll go with "Adult Hits".
Adult Hits need a whole lot more emphasis on the 70s and 80s. If you believe those acts doesn't fit Hot AC, I'll say it's Mainstream Rock.

Adult Hits wouldn't play Foster The People and Adele, but Hot AC wouldn't play Alice In Chains, Quiet Riot, and Alan Jackson

So I'd say...neither

butlerguy03 said:
I'll go with trying to do too much and hit too many demographics. This station would have a ton of train wrecks...Kesha, Chris Young, Metallica back-to-back-to-back? Wow.

+1. Entirely too broad to fit into any format.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom