• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is this a good playlist for a station

Is this good? Please provide input.

Evanescence
Within Temptation
We are the Fallen
Paramore
Tarja
Flyleaf
Halestorm
Foo Fighters
Collective Soul
Visions of Atlantis
Coldplay
Bush
Seether
Creed
HIM
CKY
Nickelback
Skillet
The Birthday Massacre

Most of those bands are not my cup of tea when considering an alternative rock format, although I do have a soft spot for Paramore. :) This looks like the format of a smaller market alternative rock station that also plays active rock because there may not be an active rock station in the market. Or an active rock station that skews toward some alternative tracks. You've found the "hybrid" format aimed at 18-34 year olds!

The thing is, I'm not sure if I've actually heard Creed on the radio in the past two years--at least! I live in the northeast, so I'm not sure if they're still getting airplay elsewhere. In fact, alternative rocker 95.5 WBRU/Providence did a bit a few years ago called "Will It Blend?", and they blended their Creed CDs promising to never play Creed again.

Jacko

For an Active Rocker that likes to dabble in pop/punk/emo/hard rock, yes. For a real Alternative/Modern Rock station, absolutely not lol :)

With the exception of no classic rock in that list, I simply see it as active rock and not alternative rock.

Modern bands for Alt stations include: Muse (active plays only one that I know of), Silversun Pickups, Arcade Fire, The Joy Formidable, Cage the Elephant (can be played on both formats).

Modern bands for Active rock stations include: Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, Skillet....

Alt stations (in my opinion) have more of a European (England) and Canadian back ground. Not all of them though... Yeah Yeah Yeahs are from New York after all.

Active rocks station bands are 98% American unless its a sneaking in some classic rock from time to time.

Really not that big of a fan of Active Rock but one thing can be said about the format, it has not been wussified like nearly every new male-led feminine Indie and Alt. band to hit the scene in the last few years that seemingly do not know how to plug a guitar into an amplifier.

Jacko said:
The thing is, I'm not sure if I've actually heard Creed on the radio in the past two years--at least! I live in the northeast, so I'm not sure if they're still getting airplay elsewhere.

The northeast is about the worst market there is for Christian-based rock though - Creed still gets airplay down here, but mostly on Hot AC

My Playlist (Modern Rock)

Ace Enders
Adema
Alice In Chains
Alter Bridge and Creed
Amber Pacific
Angels And Airwaves
Anti-Flag
Asking Alexandria
Atreyu
The Black Keys
Blink 182
Box Car Racer
Breaking Benjamin
Bullet For My Valentine
Cage The Elephant
A Change Of Pace
CKY
Cold War Kids
Coldplay
Crossfade
The Dangerous Summer
Daughtry
A Day To Remember
Death Cab For Cutie
Deftones
Disturbed
Drowning Pool
The Early November
Egypt Central
Foo Fighters
Foster The People

And Many More...................................

Alternative/Indie/Hard Rock

Large Playlist

That was a small sample of my ipod

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom