• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is there much overlap with triple a and alternative???

Like when the artist ike reilly assasination came out and there song when irish eyes are smiling i heard it on triple a but it also had the indie/alt sound to it so it could have gotten airplay an alternative radio but i didn't here it. And there are other bands like the orange peels and wild sweet orange. How do you decide what format it goes to between the two? I guess it depends on the direction of the triple a.

It depends on both the AAA and Modern Rock station. For instance in Indy, our AAA WTTS, and our Alternative WRZX have little or no cross over records, Maybe R.E.M, thats it.

Our AAA share's more of its playlist with our Classic Rocker WFBQ.

There is a pretty good station in Cincinatti called WOXY, its a net only station, but it used to be on 97.7 with a weak rimshot signal, it was called 97x until the fm went away a few years ago. Anyway WOXY always has played the more adult and indie Alt Rock bands, so im sure stations like WOXY and Indie 103.1 in L.A share some songs with (SOME) Triple As.

Most of the overlap with Alternative comes from Active Rock, the two formats are almost identical now days, still there is a difference cause Active Rock mixes in Classic Hard Rock, stuff like Motley Crue and AC-DC, instead of classic's from the ALT format like THE CLASH, The Cure, DEPECHE MODE, Talking Heads, Ramones etc...... Our AAA will play classic Alternative from the above bands, but our ALT Rocker sticks to new music, and 90s grunge. I guess their is some crossover when you count the classic's.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom