• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is there a doctor in the house?

E

elevator_opratr

I really do think my love for this kind of music has turned into a disease. LOL

On occasion, I will wake up in the middle of the night with (out of the blue) a beautiful music or soft AC song that I haven't heard in YEARS playing in my head. It's almost as if my subconscious has stored all these songs and then a dream or something will dig one out and start it playing in my head. Seriously. Dude, I need help. LOL

Anyway, this morning, I woke up with an instrumental version of a song often heard on B/EZ radio back in the day. But I can't remember the title or the original artist.

The only part of the song I remember is the end of the refrain where it says: "Until you're back in my arms dear, the birds will have to find something better to do."

Apparently, the song was based around the fact that when this particular man and woman were together, everything in the world was so happy that even the birds sang in joy. But now that they're broken up, the birds have nothing to sing in joy about.

What is this song, my fellow B/EZ doctors? :)

> What is this song, my fellow B/EZ doctors? :)
>
I wish I could say I didn't know...but why lie, it's "Something Better to Do", originally by Olivia Newton-John. If you put the title & her name in Yahoo there are several sites with the complete lyrics. Now that dumb song is in my head, and I haven't heard it in many years! What medical insurance will you be using to pay for this diagnosis?

Actually, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and the like do not cover this disease. You have to go to a Twelve Step program. You introduce yourself by saying "Hi, I'm Muzak Man and I'm a beautiful musicaholic."

Given the number of B/Ez showing up as non-coms and webcasting, I'd say there are a lot of us who are skipping meetings and are glued to our radios or pc's, spending a lot of our hard earned money on donations!

> > What is this song, my fellow B/EZ doctors? :)
> >
> I wish I could say I didn't know...but why lie, it's
> "Something Better to Do", originally by Olivia Newton-John.
> If you put the title & her name in Yahoo there are several
> sites with the complete lyrics. Now that dumb song is in my
> head, and I haven't heard it in many years! What medical
> insurance will you be using to pay for this diagnosis?
>

> Actually, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and the like do not cover
> this disease. You have to go to a Twelve Step program. You
> introduce yourself by saying "Hi, I'm Muzak Man and I'm a
> beautiful musicaholic."
>
Shouldn't medical insurance pay for a 'disease' that you caught sitting in a doctor's waiting room - that was a place where 'beautiful music fever' spread!

> > Actually, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and the like do not cover
>
> > this disease. You have to go to a Twelve Step program.
> You
> > introduce yourself by saying "Hi, I'm Muzak Man and I'm a
> > beautiful musicaholic."
> >
> Shouldn't medical insurance pay for a 'disease' that you
> caught sitting in a doctor's waiting room - that was a place
> where 'beautiful music fever' spread!
>
Lyrics? Try http://www.top40db.net. It should have lyrics for any song that ever made Billboard's Top 40.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom