• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is Randi Scott out at KSLX?

Strangely, her last post on the station's Facebook page was Mon. 1/18, regarding the importance of MLK Day. Also, her name and bio are no longer on the website either.

One of the weekend staffers, Heather, was on during the 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. shift today. I was driving home from work and noticed Randi's name doesn't come up on my radio dial either. o_O

If she went on to better things, more power and success to her. However, if KSLX "asked" her to leave, they've already made their biggest blunder for the entire year! :mad:

In short order, one would be hard-pressed to find a better-sounding voice on the PHX. airwaves than Randi Scott. Frankly, nobody else at KSLX comes remotely close to her talent. She's a consummate professional, with intelligence and beauty to match! 😍

I can't say that I "knew" Randi well, however, we crossed paths at various on-site events over the past decade. Incredulously, she always remembered my name. She initially came on my radar around April 2008 when she was a weekend jock at KDKB for a short time.

Long story short, I remember winning Iron Maiden tickets from her, and ended up winning several pairs of various tickets from her throughout that year. We became "phone buddies" because at that time hardly anyone ever called KDKB for some reason it seemed. After that, she went to KSLX I believe in 2011.

We both worked nights, so it wasn't uncommon for me to call and request a song here and there. I believe the last time I saw her was when we both worked (I was conducting press) at a Scorpions show in Sept. 2018.

I remember telling her that she was to KSLX what the great Linda Clayton was to KDKB in the early 80s. Those who lived in AZ. then and listened to KDKB, you know exactly who I'm talking about.

KSLX will never be the same without her. Hopefully she'll remain on the airwaves, if there are any smart PD's out there. Much respect Ms. Scott! 👍🏾

KSLX will never be the same without her. Hopefully she'll remain on the airwaves, if there are any smart PD's out there. Much respect Ms. Scott! 👍🏾

You may be right. Hubbard has been on a cost-cutting binge lately. They just dropped their well-known morning man Fitz in Seattle, and replaced him with iHeart syndication. Mid-days are becoming the most endangered slot after evenings. You'd think a top rated station such as this would be immune.

You may be right. Hubbard has been on a cost-cutting binge lately. They just dropped their well-known morning man Fitz in Seattle, and replaced him with iHeart syndication. Mid-days are becoming the most endangered slot after evenings. You'd think a top rated station such as this would be immune.
To your point, yes, Randi had very strong "ratings" for years. Not to mention her time on-air likely generated substantial revenue as well. She has a loyal listening audience, and I know she genuinely appreciated that.

So yeah, it's definitely surprising. Either way, it seems likely in my opinion that the decision was not amicable. Randi deserves the best! 😘

Interestingly, there hasn't been any discussion about it on their Facebook page either. So far, not one person has asked about it.

This just popped up on LinkedIn. All Access Q&A with Randi from barely a week ago!

This just popped up on LinkedIn. All Access Q&A with Randi from barely a week ago!

Damn, that's too bad. If she has exited KSLX, it clearly wasn't her decision. 🙁

Indeed a cruel irony. (n)

Last edited:

Forgot to add, thanks for posting Derek. Much appreciated. :cool:

Interesting read. When asked specifically about the Mark and Neanderpaul Show, She quite obviously goes out of her way to not acknowledge Paul at all and does two glowing sentences about Mark to make a some kind of passive aggressive counterpoint. Later, when asked about features, she sort of throws the PD under the bus with the “our Program Director doesn’t seem to think I need a feature.” Were there problems in the hallway?

She’s still on the site: kslx.com/shows/randi-scott

Interesting read. When asked specifically about the Mark and Neanderpaul Show, She quite obviously goes out of her way to not acknowledge Paul at all and does two glowing sentences about Mark to make a some kind of passive aggressive counterpoint. Later, when asked about features, she sort of throws the PD under the bus with the “our Program Director doesn’t seem to think I need a feature.” Were there problems in the hallway?

She’s still on the site: kslx.com/shows/randi-scott
That's weird TTS. I don't see Randi's name anywhere on the website. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Her Twitter page still identifies her as working for KSLX though. Yet her Facebook page no longer mentions her KSLX credit. Strange indeed. TowersRus above stated that her Linked-In page was deleted as well.

Now that you mention it, about a week before Randi's exit, I remember Mark and Paul having a brief conversation about the radio business. Paul opined on-air that a radio station is only as strong as its AM show.

I'm paraphrasing somewhat, but he essentially implied that every other jock that follows the morning show will have an uphill battle, regardless of their talent. Not sure if he was referring to KSLX of course. He was likely speaking about radio in general, but the timing did seem a little suspect. :(

Last edited:
Agreed. Randi is arguably the best radio voice anywhere on the PHX. airwaves as well. :)
She was great, but there are so many great voices on Phoenix radio that have been shoved aside or put out to pasture by "corporate." The first name that comes to mind for me is Tom Peake on KOOL. The heart and soul of that station for decades, and a great guy.

There are others, and yes...that's an invitation to add your favorite "not on the radio anymore in Phoenix" voice to the list.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom