• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is Cox looking to sell WFXT?

I imagine FOX would be more than a little interested in getting back into the market, but......

Anyone have any ideas on who else might have interest???

Sinclair?......Comcast/NBC to replace the zombie license of WYCN with one that comes WITH spectrum?.......
Your guesses are as good as mine......

If the Peacock gobbled up 25, the Fox could find a new den on 7. WHDH would join WSVN as a Fox affiliate, and neither would be branded as "Fox 7." :)

If the Peacock gobbled up 25, the Fox could find a new den on 7. WHDH would join WSVN as a Fox affiliate, and neither would be branded as "Fox 7." :)

Except that WSVN seems poised to lose the Fox affiliation in Miami, if the Sinclair/Tribune deal goes through and Sinclair carries out its rumored spin of Tribune's WSFL-TV to Fox. That would move Fox from WSVN to WSFL, probably move CW from WSFL to CBS-owned WBFS, and leave WSVN in the same boat as WHDH as a news-heavy indie.

Except that WSVN seems poised to lose the Fox affiliation in Miami, if the Sinclair/Tribune deal goes through and Sinclair carries out its rumored spin of Tribune's WSFL-TV to Fox. That would move Fox from WSVN to WSFL, probably move CW from WSFL to CBS-owned WBFS, and leave WSVN in the same boat as WHDH as a news-heavy indie.

Thanks, Scott. While it appears Sunbeam may soon lose another affiliation, I have little doubt that WSVN will succeed as a news-intensive independent. Since shedding its plumage, WHDH has performed remarkably well in the ratings. 7News has beaten the local NBC (Boston, 10, or whatever) news consistently. But then, which station hasn't?

I don't see why NBC/Universal would want to purchase WFXT. The application to move WNEU to Needham has been approved. So they will have a license with spectrum and a full market signal in due time. If they were to prefer WFXT over WNEU to obtain a license with spectrum and a full market signal more immediately, then I would guess that they might sell WNEU. Just my opinion.

Sinclair seems like a very obvious and logical possibility to me, on the other hand. I'm sure they would love to get their hands on a full power TV signal in market #9. It seems plausible that Fox may want to get back into Boston. They've done the same thing before, many years ago.

The rumor mill has it that Cox is really only looking to sell in markets where they don't already have a Newspaper / TV / Radio combination.

If true.....that leaves WFXT possibly on the block.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom