• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

In the Los Angeles Market needs to start searching for a brand-new The CW West Coast Flagship Station

Here are the options for the brand-new The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market because KTLA-TV is about to become all Local News all Local Time and they might start airing Sports events like Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball and Los Angeles Clippers Basketball

Here are the options to become as The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market

1. Meruelo Broadcasting KWHY-TV 22.1
2. Meruelo Broadcasting KBEH-TV 63.1
3. Weigel Broadcasting KVME-TV 20.1 and KSFV-CD 27.1

These are my suggestions any questions or comments regarding moving The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market to continue watching our favorite shows and Syndication shows?

This is pretty dumb, especially since Nexstar owns KTLA and owns The CW. Why would they give up an O&O status?
In opinion KTLA moved Kamaro to late nights and nobody watches that show at this time everyones asleep first of all nobody watches Syndication shows on late nights and second of all KTLA is about to become all Local News all Local Time they might start showing NewsNation programming since Nexstar owns KTLA that's my opinion you understand what I'm saying

Here are the options for the brand-new The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market because KTLA-TV is about to become all Local News all Local Time and they might start airing Sports events like Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball and Los Angeles Clippers Basketball

Here are the options to become as The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market

These are my suggestions any questions or comments regarding moving The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market to continue watching our favorite shows and Syndication shows?

That would be network TV SUICIDE

That would be like saying there should a new East Coast flagship station because WPIX 11 (Also owned by Nexstar) is about to air New York Yankees baseball & New York Knicks basketball & become all news

Speaking OF news, Nexstar DOES owns a NEWS network (Albeit A VERY WEAK one compared to streaming rival Scripps News) in NewsNation

Why would Nexstar end KTLA's status as a CW affiliate when they declared that they are the major owner of the CW.

The stations that need to watch out for their affiliation status with the CW are Paramount owned stations like KMAX Sacramento, KBCW San Francisco, WKBD Detroit given their recent decision to not air the LIV Golf tour on the CW due to their related company CBS Sports having contracts with the PGA Tour for the main CBS affiliates like KPIX, KOVR and WWJ.

The most popular scenario that was brought up is that in Chicago and San Francisco Nexstar would grab CW affiliations for WGN-TV and KRON.

Last edited:
In opinion KTLA moved Kamaro to late nights and nobody watches that show at this time everyones asleep first of all nobody watches Syndication shows on late nights and second of all KTLA is about to become all Local News all Local Time they might start showing NewsNation programming since Nexstar owns KTLA that's my opinion you understand what I'm saying

I hope you read all the other comments that followed you and realize again how dumb that sounded. Nexstar owns KTLA and The CW. Its not going anywhere.

That would be network TV SUICIDE

That would be like saying there should a new East Coast flagship station because WPIX 11 (Also owned by Nexstar) is about to air New York Yankees baseball & New York Knicks basketball & become all news

Speaking OF news, Nexstar DOES owns a NEWS network (Albeit A VERY WEAK one compared to streaming rival Scripps News) in NewsNation
NewsNation claims their ratings increased as opposed to MSNBC, FOX and CNN. NewsNation has been in existence for a relatively short time. One has to start somewhere. My family trusts NewsNation, and we are glad to see them transitioning to all-news Mon-Fri by the end of April, then all-news all the time by the end of this year.

I hope you read all the other comments that followed you and realize again how dumb that sounded. Nexstar owns KTLA and The CW. Its not going anywhere.
Nexstar Media Group should start buying Full-Power Television Station KBEH-TV 63.1 (Digital 4) to become as The CW West Coast Flagship Station even though this station's city of license is in Garden Grove their transmitter is located atop Mount Wilson they have a good coverage and their signal is very strong thus KBEH-TV is also carried on cable and satellite carriage to reach the entire market that would make KBEH-TV 63.1 to become as the brand-new sister station of KTLA-TV 5.1, I think Universal Church's Canal de la Fe should of moved to Ronald Ulloa's Television Station KVMD-TV 31.1 to become Visión Latina affiliate sister station KJLA-TV 57.1 since they owned by Universal Church that's a great choice for the Los Angeles Market and that's my suggestions I hope you understand what I'm saying the true

Why would Nexstar end KTLA's status as a CW affiliate when they declared that they are the major owner of the CW.

The stations that need to watch out for their affiliation status with the CW are Paramount owned stations like KMAX Sacramento, KBCW San Francisco, WKBD Detroit given their recent decision to not air the LIV Golf tour on the CW due to their related company CBS Sports having contracts with the PGA Tour for the main CBS affiliates like KPIX, KOVR and WWJ.

The most popular scenario that was brought up is that in Chicago and San Francisco Nexstar would grab CW affiliations for WGN-TV and KRON.

You're right in Chicago and San Francisco Nexstar would grab The CW affiliations WGN-TV 9.1 replacing Independent station and KRON-TV 4.1 replacing MyNetworkTV and KBCW-TV would become Independent station similar what KCAL-TV in Los Angeles and WLNY-TV in New York offers Local News and Syndication shows

I'm not good at rumors but I hope if NBCU might get a home for Karamo and Steve WIlkos same in non Nexstar markets like Seattle, Phoenix, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando, Detroit, MSP etc.

Nexstar Media Group should start buying Full-Power Television Station KBEH-TV 63.1 (Digital 4) to become as The CW West Coast Flagship Station even though this station's city of license is in Garden Grove their transmitter is located atop Mount Wilson they have a good coverage and their signal is very strong thus KBEH-TV is also carried on cable and satellite carriage to reach the entire market that would make KBEH-TV 63.1 to become as the brand-new sister station of KTLA-TV 5.1, I think Universal Church's Canal de la Fe should of moved to Ronald Ulloa's Television Station KVMD-TV 31.1 to become Visión Latina affiliate sister station KJLA-TV 57.1 since they owned by Universal Church that's a great choice for the Los Angeles Market and that's my suggestions I hope you understand what I'm saying the true

Nexstar would never buy another station there. KTLA and The CW have been together for almost 20 years and Nexstar owns them both. What don't you understand about that?

I don't think KTLA and Nexstar minds going all-news during the day and into the evening since syndication pretty much stinks at this point. Plus, producing and airing local news is cheaper than carrying syndicated programming. Oh... and you're talking about market #2, Los Angeles, where for years you could already get news at any time between 4AM-11:35PM on FREE TV (except for 2 and 7:30pm).

WGN dropped CW in 2016 to reduce the flow of preemption of primetime sked for local sports rights. But sure it won't hurt WCIU and it's owner and METV parent Weigel but MNTV might end up in KICU if KRON gets CW. With Dr. Phil ending can Paramount buy back the rights to ET and Inside Edition for KPIX? I doubt it will

You're right in Chicago and San Francisco Nexstar would grab The CW affiliations WGN-TV 9.1 replacing Independent station and KRON-TV 4.1 replacing MyNetworkTV and KBCW-TV would become Independent station similar what KCAL-TV in Los Angeles and WLNY-TV in New York offers Local News and Syndication shows

KRON 4 doesn't need to "Replace" MyNetwork TV with The CW. Why do that when they could just simply make the former SECONDARY to The CW??

I doubt Nexstar will drop The CW from KTLA unless they’re looking for another station in Los Angeles to buy as a duopoly.
Excelent idea 💡 I've been thinking and I never thought about this Nextstar Media Group would be a great choice to start buying Raúl and Consuelo Palazuelos Full-Power Television Station KTAS-TV 33.1 to become as The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market they would have to move their transmitter to Mount Wilson and their city of license would have to move from San Luis Obispo to Huntington Beach they would have to change their call signs to KWGN-TV it would make KTAS-TV 33.1 with more coverage and with strong signal to become as a duopoly of KTLA-TV that's what I never thought about something like this before

Now you understand what I'm saying the truth?

Last edited:
Fox has 2 stations in the Bay Area and KICU is Fox's only indie, other markets are in duopoly with MNTV
But why would Fox affiliate ANY of the MyNet O&O's with The CW (A network it doesn't have a stake in (Unlike CBS which DID have a stake in The CW when they affiliated their smaller stations with the network)) either as a primary OR a secondary basis??

Doesn't make sense

Excelent idea 💡 I've been thinking and I never thought about this Nexstar Media Group would be a great choice to start buying McKinnon Broadcasting Television Station KUSI-TV/K12PO/K03JB-D 51.1 to become as The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market they need to grab more boosters from The Ulloa Family's Low-Power translators to reach their signal to the entire market that would also make KUSI-TV/K12PO/K03JB-D 51.1 to become as a duopoly of KTLA-TV that's what I never thought about something about it before

Now you understand what I'm saying the truth?

KUSI 51 is in SAN DIEGO (Not Los Angeles)

KUSI 51 is in SAN DIEGO (Not Los Angeles)
That's the station wishing not only to be part not only a network but also wishing to bought up by major group, I wish that Fox, Gray, Sinclair or even Hearst might buy the station and pick up either CW or Fox at some point. it's long overdue in this changing streaming induced landscape. Same as WISH-WNDY and Sunbeam too.

Back
Top Bottom