• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I'm getting four different radio stations at 96.5 FM.

I live near Sacramento and was scrolling through my FM band today. I tuned into 96.5 FM and received four different stations bleeding over each other. The strongest one I heard was K243CF (KOBO-AM translator) from Yuba City, broadcasting Punjabi music. The second strongest was K243CH (KVGC-AM translator) from Jackson, broadcasting Classic Hits. I also got KOIT from San Francisco, broadcasting Adult Contemporary music. Finally, I faintly heard KLCA from Tahoe City/Reno, NV, mixed in with K243CF, broadcasting Top-40/CHR music.

When I tune in to 96.5 FM, I usually hear the KOBO or KVGC translator.

I rarely get KOIT and KLCA. However, I received KOIT's HD signal a few times but never for KLCA.

Anyway, I just found this very interesting.

I'm in Carmichael

I get mostly KVGC with KOIT when I'm walking to the Walmart Neighborhood Market, I don't hear KOBO at all

But if I go out on my day, if Tropo brings in SF Stations, I can get KOIT & KISQ in Good with other tranlators mixing in

When I lived in Citrus Heights, I heard KLCA once in the Summer, as Well as KODS Reno on 103.7, KRNO on 106.9 Very Week, But listenable

Out of the 96.5s, I live closest to the Yuba City transmitter, KOBO. Therefore, it's no wonder I receive it the strongest out of the 4. I'm never successful at receiving KUBU.

Additionally, I can consistently get KLLC (Alice @ 97.3), sometimes even HD, from San Francisco. The only time I can't is when KNCQ (Q97 Country) from Redding mixes in, but that's rare for the most part. I sometimes get KISQ, KQED, and KPFA (KNCO in Grass Valley bleeds in).

For Reno, I haven't got KODS, but I received KRNO (Sometimes booming in like a local radio with RDS shown), KWYL (Listenable signal), KOZZ (listenable signal mixed in with KFIA translator), and KLCA (fringe signal if I reach it).

The only problem with KRNO is that KYRV's HD2 translator (107.1 The Bull) sometimes bleeds over.

I live near Sacramento and was scrolling through my FM band today. I tuned into 96.5 FM and received four different stations bleeding over each other. The strongest one I heard was K243CF (KOBO-AM translator) from Yuba City, broadcasting Punjabi music. The second strongest was K243CH (KVGC-AM translator) from Jackson, broadcasting Classic Hits. I also got KOIT from San Francisco, broadcasting Adult Contemporary music. Finally, I faintly heard KLCA from Tahoe City/Reno, NV, mixed in with K243CF, broadcasting Top-40/CHR music.

When I tune in to 96.5 FM, I usually hear the KOBO or KVGC translator.

I rarely get KOIT and KLCA. However, I received KOIT's HD signal a few times but never for KLCA.

Anyway, I just found this very interesting.
This looks like this is going to be the future of the FM dial across the country. Just translators bleeding over one another. In the NYC area, we have so many 98.3's in just a 50 mile radius

An "open frequency" might make DXers happy, but that's about it.

KOIT is there to serve the SF market, and does so very well. The 96.5 in Reno is there to serve Reno. The KOBO translator presumably serves a Punjabi audience where it is. The Jackson translator serves that area.

If they all go back and forth in a fringe area outside any of their primary coverage areas, that's just the way FM signals work. Nobody gets a local signal on all 100 channels because that's not possible.

An "open frequency" might make DXers happy, but that's about it.

KOIT is there to serve the SF market, and does so very well. The 96.5 in Reno is there to serve Reno. The KOBO translator presumably serves a Punjabi audience where it is. The Jackson translator serves that area.

If they all go back and forth in a fringe area outside any of their primary coverage areas, that's just the way FM signals work. Nobody gets a local signal on all 100 channels because that's not possible.
You think I know that, I Do

It's like when people post about random stuff about Radio

Always get a serioues responds

Back
Top Bottom