• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I got my Costco situation straightened out

Radiogeek500

Inactive
Inactive User
I got the block removed and managed to purchase 4 tubes of toothpaste and a 16 pack of Duracell Ultra Digital batteries. I also applied for that Costco American Express credit card, hopefully I'll get approved. Still, it teaches all of us a lesson to ask a establishment what they take and have a alterantive form of payment ready.

And with that in mind, guess I'll check out that 48 count package of Reses Peanut Butter Cups. Just kidding, heh heh.<P ID="signature">______________
The old skool show@noon with Jeff G and DJ Rawn
Only on Power 106(KPWR Los Angeles)

JOSH, Moderating the whole Radio-Info radio state of California and Indiana too!</P>

F&%k Costco. I thought after your last post you wouldnt go there again. Instead you played right into their hands and got their AMEX that you didn't need. And a bunch of toothpaste you didn't need also.

I buy stuff when I need it, when I'm out of batteries, I buy a few more. Screw paying an annual membership for the privilege of spending your own money -- it's anti-American!

But hey if your into it, what can i say dude, I just think Costco & Sam's are a ripoff, unless you have a big family or own a business. But if you just need some batteries and toothpaste, just pick some up at the grocery store. No need to pay a fee, get a special American Express, deal with the big warehouse scene.

> But hey if your into it, what can i say dude, I just think
> Costco & Sam's are a ripoff, unless you have a big family or
> own a business. But if you just need some batteries and
> toothpaste, just pick some up at the grocery store.

Or better yet, go to a dollar store, and get some fabulous off-brand Made-In-China merchandise, like Dunacell batteries and Coolgate toothpaste.

I even got a soldering iron at a dollar store. It has the thinnest AC cord and flimsiest AC plug I've ever seen, and after using it a few times, the plastic handle starts to melt and deform.
<P ID="signature">______________
noiboc.jpg
</P>

> > But hey if your into it, what can i say dude, I just think
>
> > Costco & Sam's are a ripoff, unless you have a big family
> or
> > own a business. But if you just need some batteries and
> > toothpaste, just pick some up at the grocery store.
>
> Or better yet, go to a dollar store, and get some fabulous
> off-brand Made-In-China merchandise, like Dunacell batteries
> and Coolgate toothpaste.
>
> I even got a soldering iron at a dollar store. It has the
> thinnest AC cord and flimsiest AC plug I've ever seen, and
> after using it a few times, the plastic handle starts to
> melt and deform.
>

I have found many brand names at Dollar stores..
Panasonic or Eveready batteries..Crest toothpase..
Cosmetics..and lotions shampooes by Pantene My favorite.
Yardley Lavendar liquid soap..
**** and Span floor cleaners. I buy my household items there alot.
Got a 2006 pocket weekly reminder with a leather cover just last week.
Some nice gel pens ..3 for a dollar. I agree they have some no name off brands but I buy the ones I know most of the time.

How much was the 4 tubes of toothpaste at Costco?

> I have found many brand names at Dollar stores..
> Panasonic or Eveready batteries..Crest toothpase..
> Cosmetics..and lotions shampooes by Pantene My favorite.
> Yardley Lavendar liquid soap..
> **** and Span floor cleaners. I buy my household items
> there alot.
> Got a 2006 pocket weekly reminder with a leather cover just
> last week.
> Some nice gel pens ..3 for a dollar. I agree they have some
> no name off brands but I buy the ones I know most of the
> time.
>
I go to dollar stores quite a bit for certain items too, especially imposter cologne. I don't always buy batteries from dollar stores because from my experience, they die faster than the ones I buy from Kmart, Wal-mart, Target, & Meijer. I will buy toohpaste and soap there, but only if I'm that desperate. I'm normally using Colgate or Crest, but Dollar Tree and local dollar stores Buck Stop & Dollar Junction don't always sell those brands. Candy, cookies, peroxide, cotton balls, and certain cleaning supplies I'll get there too, like **** & Span, Comet, Ajax & a water softening agent I'll buy.
>
> How much was the 4 tubes of toothpaste at Costco?
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom