• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I give Wave 101 an Honorable Mention

I give Wave 101 (WAVV FM 101.1) in Marco Island, Florida, an Honorable Mention for not playing 100% Christmas music. Wave 101 does a great job of mixing Christmas music with regular music. IMHO that's what other radio stations should be doing, not playing 100% Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving to December 26. One month of 100% Christmas music is boring for me. It makes me wonder what Clear Channel, Cox, CBS, Entercom, and other conglomerates are thinking by playing 100% Christmas music too early. Why can't they wait until December 24 to play 100% Christmas music? Why are they uncomfortable about mixing Christmas music with regular music? I think the big conglomerates ought to look up to Wave 101 because Wave 101 IMHO would be a good role model for them. Don't bore listeners with 100% Christmas music for a month. The day after Thanksgiving, mix Christmas music with regular music, and don't start playing 100% Christmas music until December 24. This is a good music "recipe" that the big conglomerates should follow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom