• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I Enjoyed The Run, Ian Beckles 620 WDAE

Take out the sponsored weight loss and testosterone bulls*** and I really enjoyed hearing Ian break down the Buccaneers over the last decade plus. It's a shame iHeart runs his ads over and over while leaving listeners in the lurch about what happened. Especially when Ian is/was doing the ads for most of the spots during the show

A common practice used by Clear Channel and now iHeart is to hire someone away from the competition, sign them to a non-compete contract and 90 days later fire them. That way the effectively get rid of the competition if they cant work in the local market for 6 month or a year. I've seen this done numerous times over the years in several markets. I don't expect Ian will be on 620 much after first quarter of next year. Then he cant work on any other station because of the non-compete.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom