• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I am convinced, certain, DP planned it

L

LazyBoardOP

Go to david Paul's Christian website - MatthewMarkLukeandJohn.com
and read what he says, especially this line:
"I have demonstated that I am serious and focused entirely on this project and it seems to be paying off."

> Go to david Paul's Christian website -
> MatthewMarkLukeandJohn.com
> and read what he says, especially this line:
> "I have demonstated that I am serious and focused entirely
> on this project and it seems to be paying off."
>
It would appear that in that statement he is referring to his attempts at launching a local Christian television show and not radio.

From his website:

I just wanted to give a personal note to those who have

given so much time in our quest for a local Christian Television Show

in Atlanta. I have demonstrated that I am serious and focused

entirely on this project and it seems to be paying off. We

have had 1700 new visitors to this site with 120 emails

in the last week alone. Today the count was

40 alone and growing. Not bad at all. Life is great people.

New visitors -- we are so glad to have you here. Please

Email and I will respond to you personally.

DP 6/13

Not a snowballs chance brother

It's a nice theory LazyBoardOp, but it doesn't make any sense - and I know for a fact that it isn't true.

When you look to motive it doesn't add up at all.

David couldn't hope that the attention such a coup would provide would be instrumental in getting him the position - in fact the opposite has happened.

There are some people inside the CC building none too pleased with what took place last night from the people I spoke with today.

David's been out of the loop for far too long to bank on such a stunt helping him to achieve an objective that sees him acquiring the position with GST. He needed a bang up hands down brilliant performance last night to show that he still had something on his fastball after being out of the game for so long.

He knows that too, it's not like anyone would be telling him something he wasn't already aware of.

I feel awful about what happened last night to David - and here's hoping that CC gives him another shot to prove his worth.

But to suggest that this was a publicity stunt aimed at helping him to land an on-air role with GST is a flawed philosophy on many counts.

Besides that position has already been secured by Denny Schaeffer anyway...if he'll take the gig - even if CC doesn't want to make the announcment yet.

p.s. Michael Jackson 10...the Children 0. A travesty.

>

I am convinced, Here is some proof

I agree that it is a theory, but what if David Paul's motivation was not the radio gig at all. His line,"I have demonstated that I am serious and focused entirely on this project and it seems to be paying off." He said he was focused entirely on this project. What was the project? The tv show. He got more attention by walking off than if he did a show. I listened to David Paul many years ago and he definitely thinks 'out of the box'. What is his goal? A christian tv show. Maybe he knew he wouldn't get the radio gig so he decided to cause a scene. Why? To prove that he is over his past life? I don't know. He said,"I have demonstrated", was this his demonstration? To leave his past life behind? It is a weird sentence. Also, he made a point to say one clear statement before he walked out and that was he was a marital counselor. Is the Christian TV show going to be about Marital counseling?

Uh, NO

Uh, NO.

Just accessed this from allaccess.com:

Did a fill-in host trying out at CLEAR CHANNEL Talk WGST-A/ATLANTA walk off the show after a few minutes? Veteran local talker DAVID PAUL reportedly abruptly bolted from the mic without explanation after three minutes of SATURDAY night's show (6/11); PAUL was one of several hosts up for the job of filling the 9a-noon slot left vacant after the REGULAR GUYS were moved back to mornings at sister Rock WKLS (96 ROCK).

On MONDAY's 96 ROCK show, the GUYS -- LARRY WACHS and ERIC VON HAESSLER -- vowed to find and air the audio of "the DAVID PAUL crackup," which they said was floating around the station but was being kept off-limits by WGST PD BRUCE COLLINS.

Uh, that was "Sunday" night, allaccess people.

>

Why would someone like this get a shot in the first place? No radio in 10 years?

> > Go to david Paul's Christian website -
> > MatthewMarkLukeandJohn.com
> > and read what he says, especially this line:
> > "I have demonstated that I am serious and focused
> entirely
> > on this project and it seems to be paying off."
> >
> It would appear that in that statement he is referring to
> his attempts at launching a local Christian television show
> and not radio.
>
> From his website:
>
> I just wanted to give a personal note to those who have
>
> given so much time in our quest for a local Christian
> Television Show
>
> in Atlanta. I have demonstrated that I am serious and
> focused
>
> entirely on this project and it seems to be paying off. We
>
> have had 1700 new visitors to this site with 120 emails
>
> in the last week alone. Today the count was
>
> 40 alone and growing. Not bad at all. Life is great people.
>
> New visitors -- we are so glad to have you here. Please
>
> Email and I will respond to you personally.
>
> DP 6/13
>

David Paul planned this without question

The tape today was played on the Peterson show. I got a chance to hear it and study it. David Paul started to talk to himself to calm down. Talked about how nervous he was. Then he intentionally threw in that he was a marital counslor. I just don't buy it. He is getting alot more attention by not hosting the show and walking out than if he hosted the show. He new it would get attention. The regular guys, GST's Hughes, Peterson, and more coming. He had it planned. Then the line on his website.

Come on radio people...don't you smell a rat or in this case a weasel. This was radio schtict. I don't know if Braves Radio GST was in on it ...although it was possible...but you know the little weasel was..and now he is sitting at home, living on his wife's salary, getting a kick out of all this attention. For the record..I was living in Griffin and working in radio when he did his WSB show..and I listened to it and I must say I actually enjoyed alot of stuff the little weasel did. And this latest stunt is just more of the weasel doing what the weasel likes to do...so you will talk about him.

>... and working in radio when he did his WSB show..and I listened to
> it and I must say I actually enjoyed alot of stuff the
> little weasel did. And this latest stunt is just more of
> the weasel doing what the weasel likes to do...so you will
> talk about him.

I'm with you, this is classic DP.

Good or bad, right or wrong, there's really no stunt that I would put past him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom