• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I admit it...

K

Keith_Lake

Past instances where I pretended to know what the hell I was talking
about were fraudulent.

KL

<a href="http://home.nc.rr.com/gttyson/lastradio.html">The Last Radio Station<a><P ID="signature">______________
</P>

> Past instances where I pretended to know what the hell I was
> talking
> about were fraudulent.
>
>
> Oh, sounds like you have a bad case of Liberalitis, it's been really bad in the New England area, Michigan, Illinois and California for years. You get it from constant exposure to CNN, CBS, NBC, and ABC. For relief, stop reading The New York Times before falling asleep, drink plenty of fluids (Florida orange juice is best) and tear up your Hillary Health Care card. You'll be feeling better in no time.

> > Past instances where I pretended to know what the hell I
> was
> > talking
> > about were fraudulent.
> >
> >
> > Oh, sounds like you have a bad case of Liberalitis, it's
> been really bad in the New England area, Michigan, Illinois
> and California for years. You get it from constant exposure
> to CNN, CBS, NBC, and ABC. For relief, stop reading The New
> York Times before falling asleep, drink plenty of fluids
> (Florida orange juice is best) and tear up your Hillary
> Health Care card. You'll be feeling better in no time.
>

Conservatitis is where you see some point in Iraq and a smart president when they don't exist. There must be some unintelligent design going on. It is caused by listening to Fox News and reading the Wall street Journal every day. The best solution is to notice how nothing gets better and mostly gets worse when the republicans are in charge- you don't need the NYT to point that out!

Take 2 truth pills & call me in the AM

> > > Past instances where I pretended to know what the hell I
>
> > was
> > > talking
> > > about were fraudulent.
> > >
> > >
> > > Oh, sounds like you have a bad case of Liberalitis,
> it's
> > been really bad in the New England area, Michigan,
> Illinois
> > and California for years. You get it from constant
> exposure
> > to CNN, CBS, NBC, and ABC. For relief, stop reading The
> New
> > York Times before falling asleep, drink plenty of fluids
> > (Florida orange juice is best) and tear up your Hillary
> > Health Care card. You'll be feeling better in no time.
> >
>
> Conservatitis is where you see some point in Iraq and a
> smart president when they don't exist. There must be some
> unintelligent design going on. It is caused by listening to
> Fox News and reading the Wall street Journal every day. The
> best solution is to notice how nothing gets better and
> mostly gets worse when the republicans are in charge- you
> don't need the NYT to point that out!
>

you know, good sarcasim always contains a little truth, and if there's one thing that prevents someone from even allowing a lttle truth to leak through their rhetoric, it is the ridiculous, exaggerated lies from people who are obsessed on destroying someone. Your first sentence is a good example: "where you see some point in Iraq"? what the hell does that mean? an elevated vista overlooking Kirkuk? The phrase makes no sense because you left out something. You libs have got to get together and decide on a consistant lie about Bush's intelligence. First, he's an idiot, then he's clever enough to put one over the UN and the American people, then he's stupid again, then he's got this ingenious plot to dominate the world, then he's back to "Dubya". This flip-flopping is really dizzying and reveals more about the lack of any constuctive ideas from the left than it does anything about the president. The president may not be the smartest one we've ever had, but he's smart enough to stay away from Cindy Crawford, thereby preventing a photo-op trap certain to appear in the next Michael Moore attack-flick. He's also smart enough to stay away from thong-wearing White House interns.
The statement that "nothing gets better" is another catagorical lie. The economy was like a plane without wings going in to Sept of 2001, and after was the biggest recession this country has seen in recent history. The economy turned around after struggling and is now heading in the right direction, albeit slowly. I saw a commercial on TV this morning mentioning the upcoming Medicare prescription drug coverage. I remembered that there was plenty of charges and counter-charges about this during the 2000 election. Congress and the president got that done. There are numerous examples of how things ARE better now, especially since the day after 9/11. You just need the guts to see beyond your obsessed hatred of Bush, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

In the meantime remember that sarcasim without good sentence structure is like liberal candidates spending millions on political advertising with no ideas, solutions, or voter support: pathetically funny, but doesn't really make much sense.

truthing

And now for something completely different.

Trivia question:

In what popular song does the word "truthing" appear?

73s from 954<P ID="signature">______________
http://www.univox.com/radio/hurricane.html</P>

Re: truthing

> And now for something completely different.
>
> Trivia question:
>
> In what popular song does the word "truthing" appear?
>
> 73s from 954
>

Heard that song yesterday. Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" 1966 was the year I believe.

> > And now for something completely different.
> >
> > Trivia question:
> >
> > In what popular song does the word "truthing" appear?
> >
> > 73s from 954
>
> Heard that song yesterday. Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots
> Are Made For Walkin'" 1966 was the year I believe.
>
It seems like only yesterday that (in the early 90's) Madonna said "Theese boots are made for KICKING Billy Ray's BUTT!!!!" As the two planned to release a cover around the same time. Now, today, it's Jessica Simpson's turn.
<P ID="signature">______________
"If you never say NO, How much is your YES worth?"
</P>

You deserve a Prize from 954.

~You keep lying, when you oughta be truthin'
and you keep losin' when you oughta not bet.
You keep samin' when you oughta be changin'.
Now what's right is right, but you ain't been right yet.

These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do
one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.~

> > And now for something completely different. Trivia question:
> >
> > In what popular song does the word "truthing" appear?
> > 73s from 954

>> Heard that song yesterday. Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots
> Are Made For Walkin'" 1966 was the year I believe.

celebrity news

> It seems like only yesterday that (in the early 90's)
> Madonna said "Theese boots are made for KICKING Billy Ray's
> BUTT!!!!" As the two planned to release a cover around the
> same time. Now, today, it's Jessica Simpson's turn.

I never could figure the attraction of following celebrity news.

Who cares if celebrity a is ****ing celebrity b, or what celebrity c thinks about the war or what mouthwash celebrity d prefers?

When they are performing, they are probably more talented that most of the rest of us. The rest of the times, they are self-centered dumbsh*ts, no smarter re evaluating foreign policy than you or I, and probably less.

People who care about what celebrities do and say should put down their People
ir
magazine and get a life.

73s from 954

Re: celebrity news

> > It seems like only yesterday that (in the early 90's)
> > Madonna said "Theese boots are made for KICKING Billy
> Ray's
> > BUTT!!!!" As the two planned to release a cover around the
>
> > same time. Now, today, it's Jessica Simpson's turn.
>
> I never could figure the attraction of following celebrity
> news.
>
> Who cares if celebrity a is ****ing celebrity b, or what
> celebrity c thinks about the war or what mouthwash celebrity
> d prefers?
>
> When they are performing, they are probably more talented
> that most of the rest of us. The rest of the times, they are
> self-centered dumbsh*ts, no smarter re evaluating foreign
> policy than you or I, and probably less.
>
> People who care about what celebrities do and say should put
> down their People magazine and get a life.
>
> 73s from 954
>

Woah! a post from 954 that I TOTALLY agree with. I have my reward. Thanks.

> > People who care about what celebrities do and say should
> put
> > down their People magazine and get a life.
> >
> > 73s from 954
> >
> Woah! a post from 954 that I TOTALLY agree with. I have
> my reward. Thanks.

10-4. You made my day, too.

It was just the other day when I agreed with something Oldies Cat said.

You two have something in common:<UL>[*]He thinks I'm a troglodyte conservative <LI>And you think I'm a flaming liberal.

I guess that makes me somewhat moderate! (I wouldn't brag about it.)

954, I beg of you to take over programming at Global television in Canada.
They just cancelled great shows like Moneywise in favour of new shows that best suggest that demand is extremly high for Celeb. Gossip.

Instead of being the "Current affair" style news they brought to the viewer, They now (starting the day after labour day) care more about "Celebrity affairs" programming.

(Moneywise was excellent Canadian Business news.)<P ID="signature">______________
</P>

> 954, I beg of you to take over programming at Global
> television in Canada.

Thank you. I am honored.

But ... Could I just be their consultant?

I like Canada, but it's too cold for humans to live up there.

> They just cancelled great shows like Moneywise in favour of
> new shows that best suggest that demand is extremly high for
> Celeb. Gossip.
>
> Instead of being the "Current affair" style news they
> brought to the viewer, They now (starting the day after
> labour day) care more about "Celebrity affairs" programming.

73s from 954

Florida Media Pick On Buffalo -- Again!

The Internet: The great political masquerade

> > > People who care about what celebrities do and say should
>
> > put
> > > down their People magazine and get a life.
> > >
> > > 73s from 954
> > >
> > Woah! a post from 954 that I TOTALLY agree with. I
> have
> > my reward. Thanks.
>
> 10-4. You made my day, too.
>
> It was just the other day when I agreed with something
> Oldies Cat said.
>
> You two have something in common:He thinks I'm a troglodyte
> conservative And you think I'm a flaming liberal. I guess
> that makes me somewhat moderate! (I wouldn't brag about it.)
>
Well, if you use OldiesCat as a reference, you could be a flaming liberal and still be more conservative than OldiesCat. Just to clarify, I think I said several times that you sounded like a liberal. Don't know if you really are or not. The Internet is a place famous for ...uh ... shall I say "role playing"

Re: The Internet: The great political masquerade

> Well, if you use OldiesCat as a reference, you could be a
> flaming liberal and still be more conservative than
> OldiesCat. Just to clarify, I think I said several times
> that you sounded like a liberal. Don't know if you really
> are or not. The Internet is a place famous for ...uh ...
> shall I say "role playing"

Then look up what I've written on the web. I don't hide behind a pseudonym. Go to my links and read.

<table hspace=10 vspace=10 align=right cellpadding=5 bgcolor="#cccccc" width=300><tr><td>Sidebar:

I think the gay-versus-religious-right standoff is especially funny because both sides are very pushy in trying to get everyone to accept their views. They're both a pain in the arse. (Pun intended.) Both sides should lose this fight, IMHO.

Let both camps do whatever they want to or with whoever wants it (with consent) as long as they leave me alone. AFAIK, they should all go get f***ed.
</td></table>

Well, I don't know anything about OldiesCat except that his views sound suspiciously like those of Randi Rhodes.

I'm agin social conservatism because all the issues social conservatives like are issues that are none of the government's f***ing business, or your business or mine. Feel free to influence members of your family or church to do what you think is socially acceptable.

But don't try to coerce me or anyone else to conform to your church's teachings, just because you've been indoctrinated to believe I'll go to hell if I don't. That's YOUR belief only.

I also have said frequently, then and now, regarding the bluenosed, intolerant, religious right and the marxist, politically-correct, looney left: "a pox on both your houses!"

73s from 954<P ID="signature">______________
The Ballad of Saddam Hussein</P>

> > 954, I beg of you to take over programming at Global
> > television in Canada.
>
> Thank you. I am honored.
>
> But ... Could I just be their consultant?
>
> I like Canada, but it's too cold for humans to live up
> there.
>
16c is 61 F. Canada uses Celcius, not Ferenhieght...you must have mixed the two up when you heard 30 degrees on a Canadian station or somehting. (-:

I will agree though, Canada's problem is that it gets Hotter than Florida for 6 months, then colder than the Artic for 6 months...but atleast in Canada, it'll never get like New Orleans! (-: <P ID="signature">______________
</P>

> 16c is 61 F. Canada uses Celcius, not Ferenhieght...you must
> have mixed the two up when you heard 30 degrees on a
> Canadian station or somehting. (-:

Nice try. I learned about Celsius before it went Hollywood and changed its name from (the more logical) Centigrade.

And I've been to Canada many times. I'm from WKBW-land.

I also know the conversion formula.

Trivia question: at what temperature are C and F scales the same number?

> I will agree though, Canada's problem is that it gets Hotter
> than Florida for 6 months, then colder than the Artic for 6
> months...but atleast in Canada, it'll never get like New
> Orleans! (-:

Hotter than Florida? I don't think so.

It's been about 90 every day this summer ... and today I get a new air conditioner installed. Finally!

I'm waiting for them to arrive ... right now.<P ID="signature">______________
The Ballad of Saddam Hussein</P>

Re: Is that -40C or -40F?? Yes!

>
> Trivia question: at what temperature are C and F scales the
> same number?

The scales cross at -40. As such, -40 has become an automotive industry temperature test standard. Many of the components and products that go into automobiles have to work to at least -40 on the cold side.

Re: Take 2 truth pills & call me in the AM

>
> you know, good sarcasim always contains a little truth,
> and if there's one thing that prevents someone from even
> allowing a lttle truth to leak through their rhetoric, it is
> the ridiculous, exaggerated lies from people who are
> obsessed on destroying someone.

The president is a murderer who sent people to fight in a war he knew was wrong because he was manipulated by corporate interests who are now making a killing at the expense of american taxpayers and the lives of soldiers. There is no lie in that statement. Your comment on the president is a pathetic attempt to forgive a war criminal.

Your first sentence is a
> good example: "where you see some point in Iraq"? what the
> hell does that mean? an elevated vista overlooking Kirkuk?

This is not a good indicator of your intelligence. Let me rephrase: Do you see some point (i.e. reason) for going to war in Iraq? Of course not.

> The phrase makes no sense because you left out something.
> You libs have got to get together and decide on a consistant
> lie about Bush's intelligence. First, he's an idiot, then
> he's clever enough to put one over the UN and the American
> people, then he's stupid again, then he's got this ingenious
> plot to dominate the world, then he's back to "Dubya".

History not your strong point, huh? The UN didn't go to war in Iraq. Neither did most of its members. Looks like they didn't get fooled at all. France, they didn;t get fooled. Russia- they were a no go. The only significant partner was Tony Blair and the truth about what he knew is still coming to light and has shaken the labour party in England.

Most Americans didn't want to go to war in Iraq; it was not until the MSM all but endorsed the President's foolhardy plan that the numbers slowly turned to a slight majority- and then the questions were mostly rigged with caveats like "if the UN oks it" or "with international support". Let's not forget about Poland. No one got Duped by the President except the MSM and Fox News etc. You were duped dear, not "most Americans". Those that were in the middle on the issue are now coming out against this endless occupation and civl war republicans have retrofitted as a war on terror. That lie is wearing thin.

This
> flip-flopping is really dizzying and reveals more about the
> lack of any constuctive ideas from the left than it does
> anything about the president.

All I hear is constructive ideas from the left. You don't listen or care- don't blame me for your lack of information. Let's provide Universal Healthcare for Americans. Let's repeal the Patriot Act. Let's fund The No Child Left Behind Initiative. Let's finish the Job in Afghanistan- set up a Marshal plan for the country. Lets Join Kyoto and lead the world in environmental stewardship. Lets secure social security by raising the income cap, instead of reducing benefits for middle class Americans. That's just the tip of the iceburg.

As for the conservative ideals- lets get people who go bankrupt due to hospital bills: take their homes and retirement money then leave them indebted to the company store- call it Chapter 13! Let's give large corporations more rights to monopolize major media outlets and go to war to support our corporate cronies and defense contractors. Let's make sure people who suffer from a life of pain and suffering due to criminal negligence get no more than $250,000. Let's cut Benefits for the poor and bus them to the suburbs to work as maids for the wealthy while their children have no daycare. Let's cut funding to homeland security and send our national guard and reserve troops to foreign countries to fight needless wars that accomplish nothing while natural disasters at home go forgotten. Let's reduce Social security benefits for middle class americans. And of course, let's ban abortion. What a bunch of ideas you have to offer.

The president may not be the
> smartest one we've ever had, but he's smart enough to stay
> away from Cindy Crawford, thereby preventing a photo-op trap
> certain to appear in the next Michael Moore attack-flick.

The irrational fear of Michael Moore on the right is absolutely pathetic. What are you so afraid of? Get a grip- I have never heard anyone on the left afraid of Rush this way. Cindy Crawford is just the headline on the real story. The Iraq war is a failure. I have no idea how this is smart for the president to not face his critics. But I am forgetting all about - Michaelmoorephobia- ahhhh!

> He's also smart enough to stay away from thong-wearing White
> House interns.

And how do you know that? Wouldn't shock me one bit if little G got down and dirty from time to time. If he did- the first thing you folks would say is "Not Fair Not Fair" because of Clinton. So if he is a good boy : can't say anything cause that's all that really matters. And if he gets in trouble: can't say anything cause of Clinton. Wow, you guys have set up quite a convenient situation for yourselves.

> The statement that "nothing gets better" is another
> catagorical lie. The economy was like a plane without wings
> going in to Sept of 2001, and after was the biggest
> recession this country has seen in recent history.

Wait!!! can't we please blame Clinton Please Please!!! The economy was not like a plane without wings. You are trying to evoke images of 9/11- talk about pathetic.

> The
> economy turned around after struggling and is now heading in
> the right direction, albeit slowly.

I think I have heard this line for the past 4 years. Hoover said prosperity was "just around the corner". Try that on for size- evake the old republican mistique of yesteryear.

I saw a commercial on TV
> this morning mentioning the upcoming Medicare prescription
> drug coverage. I remembered that there was plenty of charges
> and counter-charges about this during the 2000 election.
> Congress and the president got that done. There are numerous
> examples of how things ARE better now, especially since the
> day after 9/11. You just need the guts to see beyond your
> obsessed hatred of Bush, but I'm not holding my breath on
> that one.

Please do- cause you must be getting quite red in the face by now. The Prescription drug coverage which will finally come into place a day late and a dollar short next year is not going to make things better for many retirees. The bill was written by big Pharma- not congress and the president as you shamelessly claim. I am sure your hatred of Michael Moore has blinded you to the reality that this plan is the most convoluted proposal ever put forward by any administration- with odd cut-offs and co-pays. People covered by Medicaid will be forced to substandard prescription coverage thanks to this devious plan.

There are far more numerous examples of how things are much worse now since GW was elected (strong word for it). There is little question left that this president will be remembered as one of the worst in history.

>
> In the meantime remember that sarcasim without good
> sentence structure is like liberal candidates spending
> millions on political advertising with no ideas, solutions,
> or voter support: pathetically funny, but doesn't really
> make much sense.
>
Nothing is less funny than president Bush's little war. There are many progressive ideas to help make America better and the fact that Republicans can't seem to figure them out or can't hear them over their own AAR scandal stories is their own fault. You want ideas about America's future? Don't ask a Republican- anti-abortion and pro-guns is all you get from their ads.

Thanks for the sentence structure note. I tend to overestimate my reader's ability to connect the dots.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom